Why do I want him back?

Hello, so I've had this best friend for 4 years. Looking back, he never treated me like he should. He was always hugging people (not me) to greet them, and me was just a wave or a hi. He lied for a whole summer one time so that we couldn't hang out. He always canceled last minute saying something came up. He's a Jehovah's Witness. I told him that this one girl, if he's friends with her then we can't be friends. (She liked him and tried ruining our friendship many times because she knew I didn't like her) he told me he chose me. But it turns out, the whole school year he was making out with her behind my back and planning on having sex. This is all a big no no in his religion. So I don't see why he was doing any of this, especially after lying to me everyday about not being friends with her. Well we graduated school and he cut everyone from school out of his life, except me. So he only had his friends from the religion and me he said. So I kept asking to hangout, and it turns out he was still lying so we couldn't hang out. He was hanging out with all his other friends and not me. So I was upset a lot of the time. Now that it's summer, he's cut me out of his life too. He deleted me from everything. A week after he did, I asked if he could explain why he did it to me, and he just read it and ignored it. So about 3 weeks after I sent "Hey, how are you?" And he read it and ignored it. So on August 7th I'm planning on sending something else. He ended it on June 14th. Why did he end it with me like this? And why do I want him back? I cry probably 3 times a week because I miss him a lot, even though I know he treated me badly. Is there anything I can do to get him back?

You could offer him more than her, to try to win him back, but if you don't fancy him, you won't enjoy it. He seems to have discovered sex. You said this to him "I told him that this one girl, if he's friends with her then we can't be friends" so I think he was being diplomatic in his rebuffs of you.

Have you considered dating others? The scenery can be real eye-candy :)

Besides, he may get jealous.

Edited by darkmoon