Had to Let them Go

DayumQuitPlayin

DayumQuitPlayin

I just ended a good friendship with this one girl. For the most part I will miss her, but I know that its best if I did leave her. My Mom and her don't get along at all, plus everytime I'm with her... I don't get things done that are to my own personal benefit.

She has done alot for me tho, her and her boyfriend. But I feel at times that they feel its my 'job' to take them to where-ever they need to go.. as if its my perogative, yea right.. I don't think so. I have tickets to pay off, lawyer fees, and restitution to pay.. plus I've gotten evicted.. etc.. but now I'm back home again. I just really need to take care of myself.. instead of just hanging out with them for cheap thrills.

I guess they didn't really understand this.. and we ended up arguing and her boyfriend and myself almost ended up fighting, but his 'friend' was there to 'end' it I guess. Anyways.. I just want to know if anyone agrees with my decision.. or if anyone feels that maybe I'm being selfish or whatever.

Any comments are welcomed

ThisGirlNameKD

When I was 24, I got rid of two friends that I knew since I was 6 years old. But both of them brought me down when I was trying to move ahead in life. So I don't think you're being selfish. You know what you have to do, and you know what you want to do, and if it looks like they're holding you back from doing it, you have to lose them.

People change, they evolve every day, every minute every second. MAybe you got wiser...

That's all I'm gonna say: tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are! I know that when you look at them, you see them for who they really are, but if they trully are your friends, they'll allow you the time to put your life into order!

Then if you choose to change your lifestyle,take some BIG decisions, that's your prerogative. It doesn't mean your not their friend anymore. It simply means you won't be spending that much time together. Again, if they really are your friends, they will understand and support you in acting upon decision! Friendship is a lot more than time, common interests and common system of values. Has a lot to do with deep feelings, care and altrusim.

That's only a test to see how good you were in choosing the people to be near you in life! I'm keeping my fingers crossed, hope you made the right decisions about them!

radawesome

i think (because i've been thru a weird friendship end)

that, it's okay for you to end a friendship, if you feel it just

doesn't suit you anymore, or it isn't healthy, or it's counterproductive for you,

or you just don't see eye to eye anymore.

i have a buddy that i pretty much had a falling out with because I one day realized,

he was too much an egotistical, Take-Charge kind of guy, and i wasn't into that. He always

called the shots in our friendship and was just so freakin loud and an exact opposite of

what I was,,,,,,once I started growing and was becomeing a better person, coming into my own,

striving to meet my goals, i realized he wasn't cool with it. We eneded up not having the same views we

started out with. I told him this and he got defensive and got weird on me, so i said Adios!