6 types of friends you don't want to confide in

Brene Brown's Advice On Vulnerability: 6 Types Of People To Never Confide In (VIDEO)

From the article:

The friend who actually feels shame for you, gasps and confirms how horrified you should be.

The friend who responds with sympathy ("I feel so sorry for you.") rather than empathy ("I get it, I feel with you and I've been there.")

The friend who needs you to be the pillar of worthiness and authenticity, who can't help because she's too disappointed in your imperfections.

The friend who is so uncomfortable with vulnerability that she scolds, "How did you let this happen?"

The friend who is all about making it better and, out of her own discomfort, refuses to acknowledge that you can actually make terrible choices ("You're exaggerating. It wasn't that bad.")

The friend who confuses connection with the opportunity to one-up you. ("Well, that's nothing. Listen what happened to me...")

• Author

Hi Anela.

The video popped up in my FB newsfeed via the HuffP and so I thought I'd post it here for others who may not have heard of Brene Brown. She's very insightful. I think these 6 types can be found in men as well.

Edited by writergal
  • Like 1