please help ... think a friend is abusing drugs

gypsy_siren

gypsy_siren

Saw a friend lastnight ... I'd been wondering about him and what he was up to. He never comes over anymore, and if he does, it's for such a short period of time that he may as well not. He has been hanging around non-stop with this male friend of his. To tell you the truth, I was begining to think he was gay and just didn't want to tell me, (and I don't know why he wouldn't, since I would be fine with that and he should know me better than to think I wouldn't.)

Anyway, late lastnight after taking care of some things he called and wanted to get together, so I met him for coffee. When I got there, he was acting strange, and he kept shaking. I am not talking about shivering, as if he were cold, (which is the reasoning he gave me, but I don't believe it,) I mean, he was getting these violent, shakey fits. I have never seen anything like it, and this normally mild mannered man seemed to be getting really angry when he couldn't control them. Combined with all the other strange behaviors, I am sad to say that it appears he is on some sort of drug, and I am not talking marijuana. A hard drug of some sort, maybe coke or heroin.

He doesn't sleep, an hour or two a night, if that much. Most of the time it's not at all. He doesn't eat, he's losing weight. He has a full time job, but is always broke. The other night we invited him over, but he said he had to go with a friend, (the same friend he has been hanging out with all the time lately,) they were going to Salem to get some pot. I told him that there are people close in town here who could 'assist him', but he said no, maybe another time. I don't think they were getting pot ... I think it was for something else altogether. Something is going on, and as much as I hate to make assumptions, all the signs point to drug abuse. I don't know what to do.

I was nauseated coming home lastnight after seeing him like that. It was so disturbing that it made me feel physically ill. I feel like I should do something, but don't know what to do. Talking to him may just push him farther away. He's already distanced himself enough as it is. If he feels like he's being watched or judged, chances are we'll never see him again.

I'm scared for my friend. I hope I am simply overreacting ... better for this to be my wild imagination than the truth. This is one of those few instances where I would prefer to be proven wrong.

If you suspect he is on drugs, simply try asking him.

In your case, you can safely get drastic. Get him to get medical attention. Or call the police.

That may sound extreme, but my own mother was on drugs once, herion, and I called the police. They will be VERY mad to begin with. But you will be thanked in the future. You may even save a life. Just be sure that it is really drugs....

• 3 weeks later...
americaneagle_girl

M[font=century gothic]y best advice to give you would to be to tell somebody. Im telling you this out of experience because a two years ago my boyfreind died from useing meth and another drug combined and now everytime I visit his grave I ask myself why I let someone I love do that to themselves, you dont want to have to ask yourself that beleive me. Im still not over his death but If you promise me that you'll tell somebody about your freind than at least I'll feel a little bit better. and remember, if your freind gets mad at you for telling, oh well, because later in life he'll thank you for saving his life.[/font][color=violet][/color]