My best-friend is friends w/ my Ex!

PlentyLV007

PlentyLV007

I've known my best friend since I was 15 I'm now 23. I just ended a 5 year relationship w/ my ex.... :(

My best friend is w/ my ex's best friend. yeah the whole 90210 thing. So ever since me and my ex broke up he talks to her about everything and it really bothers me. She has his cell phone number and House number on her cell. I don't even have that kind of relationship with her boyfriend. I'm very bothered and hurt because when ever I'm with her she gets a call from my ex. It really bothers me and I've told her but she doesn't stop. She even talks to him on the phone in-front of me. I've asked her what's the deal and she tells me he'll call her to look for her boyfriend. OKAY!!! :mad: Then she tells me that he tells her things about our relationship.... that is not fair. I've known her longer than she's known him....why does she continue to do it and how do I cope with it?

I'm I being unfair? :confused:

gypsy_siren

This sounds like a classic 'frenemies' situation ... perhaps she gets some kind of perverted satisfaction from being the one in the middle of you two.

If you've brought this up to her and she still continues to talk to him on the phone right in front of your face, you may want to distance yourself from her, because she obviously has no regard for your feelings whatsoever.

I'm sorry you have such a crummy friend. :( Sometimes it's hard, but necessary, to let go of 'friends' like this. Good luck.

Obviously you're not over him yet.

Best remedy is to get into new relationship and stay away from your friend.

• Author
PlentyLV007

Both of your comments are right on the money and it's very hard to distance myself and not talk to her because she was the only person I could ever trust. Now the tables have turned. I have told her how I felt and it's like whatever...It bothers me very much that he asked her about me all the time and always wants to know what I'm doing....Maybe she does like the drama...I think your right....I know I need to distance myself....Thanks!