Friends say I suck at everything

Hello

Whatever I do, my friends say I suck at it. Especially in sports, even if I do better than them, I am still the one being called out all the time.

Honestly, I do take a lot of chances and burn some, success on other, although I laugh it off in order to show that it's not really a big deal and people should calm down, yet they all say I suck. When I actually suck, they also say I suck. It's as if whatever I do, I suck. Whenever I actually do something really good, they all sound very amazed and shout stupid stuff, even though it happens quite often. It's not a rare occassion, yet they bug me with it.

What is the best way to give them the right signal of to stop? I am bothered by this, but they believe I am okay with it. If I act as if I were offended, they would probably laugh at me for being too serious and a crybaby.

So now, what is the best way to make them stop? I of course always tend to ignore it, but it doesnt seem to help.

Thank You!

Adam from Singapore.

Edited by adamufc
Hello

Whatever I do, my friends say I suck at it. Especially in sports, even if I do better than them, I am still the one being called out all the time.

Honestly, I do take a lot of chances and burn some, success on other, although I laugh it off in order to show that it's not really a big deal and people should calm down, yet they all say I suck. When I actually suck, they also say I suck. It's as if whatever I do, I suck. Whenever I actually do something really good, they all sound very amazed and shout stupid stuff, even though it happens quite often. It's not a rare occassion, yet they bug me with it.

What is the best way to give them the right signal of to stop? I am bothered by this, but they believe I am okay with it. If I act as if I were offended, they would probably laugh at me for being too serious and a crybaby.

So now, what is the best way to make them stop? I of course always tend to ignore it, but it doesnt seem to help.

Thank You!

Adam from Singapore.

Dude, there are not your friends. A friend doesn't try to humiliate & insult another friend. I guess they are very insecure and are looking for a reaction from you. What can you do? How about walking away. It's better to be alone then to be so called "friends" who brings you down all the time. Don't give them what they don't. GL.

mrs rubble

Sounds like time to find some new friends, who aren't so nasty.

Or.......each time they put you down, inform them you are imitating them or you learnt everything you know off them.:p:p

• Author
Dude, there are not your friends. A friend doesn't try to humiliate & insult another friend. I guess they are very insecure and are looking for a reaction from you. What can you do? How about walking away. It's better to be alone then to be so called "friends" who brings you down all the time. Don't give them what they don't. GL.

Well, to be honest, it happens mostly during sports. At everything else, we have a good time without having to bring each other down, but as soon as it is about sports, it becomes a hell.

I have yet to find out why though, but the insecure thing does sound likely to be true. None of them are good at sports themselves, yet, they never take any chances and play in a very secure way in order to prevent themselves from failing.

But thanks man, it does help mentally :)

You, my friend, could be considered the group punching bag. That's usually me in my groups of friends.

I am good at maintaining a level head and firing shots back, so it doesn't get to me very much anymore. You will find that this will happen among young groups of single guys, especially when there are girls around. It's just how it goes.

• Author
You, my friend, could be considered the group punching bag. That's usually me in my groups of friends.

I am good at maintaining a level head and firing shots back, so it doesn't get to me very much anymore. You will find that this will happen among young groups of single guys, especially when there are girls around. It's just how it goes.

You're right, it does happen more when it's around girls. It's not as if my physique is bad, I am actually quite good, I have also been complimented about it.

But really, it does get to my head, when none wants to select me when we make teams and I'll be the last one selected, even if I am better than 3/4 of them. They do it intentionally to mock me, but even if it shouldn't get to my head as I think you're suggesting, it really does.

So I guess the only way to make them stop is to get better than all of them? You're probably right.

Fromoutofnowhere

Drop em like a bad habit man. Ribbing eachother in good fun is one thing, but blatant put downs are just bad biscuits. Even if you become better than them in every area of life, they'll try to put you down, maybe even more.