how can i stop someone from talking about others

I have a friend that is always talking bad about another friend of ours and it is really bad to the point that now everyone believes her and rejects this other friend. I hate when they start talking bad and i try to avoid it but they dont stop. How can i stop this? I just dont want to loose this friend and the other either. And no matter how i try to stick up for the friend they are talking bad about i fear i will loose another friendship.

help :(

I have a friend that is always talking bad about another friend of ours and it is really bad to the point that now everyone believes her and rejects this other friend. I hate when they start talking bad and i try to avoid it but they dont stop. How can i stop this? I just dont want to loose this friend and the other either. And no matter how i try to stick up for the friend they are talking bad about i fear i will loose another friendship.

help :(

Why do you want to be friends with someone who talks bad and bullies others? To me that doesn't sound like a friend worth having. However, if you must keep both of them, try standing up to the agressive friend. If that does not work, then, just stop being her friend. Or tell the weaker friend to stand up for herself. Most bullies will get angry if their pray fights back, but eventually they will realize it is not worth it... and most likely move on to another target. really, you should not be friends with this girl.

I'm not sure from your original post if you are already sticking up for this friend, or if you are worried about what will happen if you do. If you aren't already, I find it helpful to say something like "you know, (name of your friend) never talks badly about you. She's a really sweet person." If they continue talking badly about her, ask them "why do you care?" or "why do you hang out with her if you don't like her?" Call them out on it.

Even if they don't like this other friend, they should still respect you for standing up for her. It shows that you will do the same thing for them if needed. If they ditch you just because you stood up for someone, they aren't worth having around anyway. Personally I wouldn't bother with them at all anymore. For all you know they could be doing the same thing to you behind your back.