Friend's Girlfriend

ooglesnboogles

ooglesnboogles

Hey all,

I'm a guy and I've been friends with this guy for quite some time, though we didn't hang out for a few years in between, doing other things. He's been dating this girl for a year or two now. She and I really get along and our personalities and senses of humor really click. I haven't ever really had a conversation with someone who was this much like me. I really like hanging out with her. We text relatively often, although I text my buddy almost as often (he's usually busier than me and her, less time to respond). I feel like I probably have more fun joking with her than with him, but I enjoy hanging out with both of them equally.

That said, I have no intention of dating her. Even if they broke up, it'd be low for me to make a move on her so I've just never let the thought find ground. I don't see her that way and doubt I ever will.

Should I say something to my friend, just to let him know I'm not trying to move in on his girl? Like me, most of my friends haven't had much success with relationships so I've never had this problem before. Is it normal to just be friends with friends' girlfriends without any mention of it?

If I should say something, what's the best way to convey to my buddy that I'm not moving in on his girlfriend? I feel like if I just say it bluntly (my original plan) and he wasn't seeing it that way, he might start thinking I have feelings for her and get more protective or something. He's a level-headed guy, but I know some people react unexpectedly when it comes to their love lives.

Thanks for the help! Sorry for the simple question, I just don't have experience with this at all.

he would have a right to act not so level headed if he found out his friend was crushing on his gf. That is against guy code. However, you've said that you will not break guy code law. That is a good thing. What you should do is try to distance your self from your buddy's GF. Who knows, one thing might leed to the next, and you may end up sleeping with her. You don't want to hurt your friend that way. I've been where you are, and what did I do? I pulled back. I realized, my 10+ year friendship with my Best Friend was worth more to me than a silly crush on his gf (who was also a close friend of ours younger sister). They broke up, and oddly enough, I moved on. I think maybe it was because at the time I was single and she was hot and dating my best friend, the whole you want what you cant have thing... anyway, it is really not worth it. Never lose friends over women. So talk to her less, and focus on your friend, not on her...

Stop texting your friends gf. You are developing feelings for her and all of this communication is fueling the fire. Stop it now before you lose a friend.

• Like 1
CompleteFailure

If you sincerely have no intentions of making moves on his girl, no need to say anything. Just have integrity and don't cross the line.