A Year With NC And She ReAppears...

So...

My friend Maggie used to be pretty good friends with me back in the middle school days and we've helped each other out numerous times while we were there. After I switched schools in my Junior year of high school, we remained close and we'd even visit each other during Christmas and in the summertime which was great... I treasured those opportunities to get back with each other. Since 2011, things have faded on us like what normally happens to people. I'd text her from time to time and fail to get a response, so eventually I just quit altogether.

Well, this past December I turned 22 and I hadn't received a "Happy Birthday" message or anything. I messaged her reminding her and what a coincidence.... then she replies with "Happy Birthday, I've been so busy lately..." I guess I'm glad that she replied back but I wish that wasn't the only time of the year she did. So, I deleted her number off the phone and continued on my NC and out of the blue 2 weeks ago, she wanted to know how I was doing...

Now, I don't know about you, but it strikes me very odd when somebody who had nothing to say for over a year all of a sudden wants to know about you. We talked very briefly that day and I tried to followup a few times since then but with no luck. I bet she'll come back sometime in August or September to hold another brief conversation before completely flying away again. I don't get it... like why bother? Plus I doubt you're that busy, busy to the point where you can't talk to anyone for months. You're busy for me but I'm not sure the purpose of the return trip.

Ugh...

You were good friends, but now you're not.

Unfortunately, many school friends grow apart.

Don't over-think it, and don't let it bug you.

Enjoy all the friends that you have in the present moment in your present location.

BTW if you do have good friends in your hometown, make sure you let them know how much you appreciate their friendship.