Is she keeping it real or full of ish?

I have a good friend whom I've known since High School (I'm 28 now). Lately she's been DYING to set me up with this guy she knows, who happens to be a family friend of hers. I met him and he seemed cool. So he agreed to take me out when his schedule got less busy (he's a chef that works 6 times a week)

Anyway, my friend texted me about a potluck she was throwing for Easter. I said "yes definitely, keep me posted on what time it starts!" Didn't hear from her after that. 2 days later, I reach out to HER and ask "What time is your potluck on sunday? My family decided to have Easter Dinner so I may come to your potluck a bit late." Still no answer from her. Normally I would call to she if she got my text, but she DOES have a history of ignoring texts every now and then, or responding to them incredibly late, so I decided not to call.

10 days go by and still nothing (I'm guessing there was no potluck). However, the guy ends up calling and we go out. I'm not gung-ho over the guy, but I did have a great time with him on the date.

Finally, on saturday night around 11pm, my friend texts me. She says: "OMG I totally forgot to press send on your last text! I obviously didn't have a potluck last week, but let's catch up this week! And did you ever go out with Johnny?! Hope all is well otherwise!!!"

I don't know if I should eventually answer her, or ignore the text. I mean, why am I hearing from her nearly 2 weeks later? That's ridiculous. I'm thinking she heard from the guy and is dying to know how the date went.

Thoughts?

january2011

You're overthinking this. Give her the benefit of the doubt.

You thought the date went well, so just say so. Then say, "let's catch up" and leave the ball in her court to suggest something but don't clear your schedule for her.

Her text was lighthearted so just send something lighthearted back.

Vixen Gemma

It understandable to feel the way you do after not hearing back from your friend for that long, especially if your close. However, I don't think it's something to grow suspicious on. I know I do that to my friends every now and then, the most I go is maybe 2 or 3 days with my best friend, it's sort of expected of me.

2 weeks sounds like a long time, maybe she's been going through something that she's been wanting to deal with on her own, could be good or bad but I don't necessarily think it's something significant towards you. If you start to recognize that this is a new pattern that is appearing I would slowly mention something to her, she may not even notice it and be genuinely distracted by her daily life or whatever. If on the downside this doesn't seem to be doing any good for your friendship and you grow irritated of it than something has to change.