Best friend breaks up with his girl, i have feelings for his EX.

Basically i get on well with my best mates ex girlfriend. They weren't going out for long and my mate never really wanted to be with her anyway but they where. They broke up 3 days ago and i was there to reassure her and talk to her when they broke up as shes a good friend.

Problem is i invited her out to the cinema tomorrow as friends but i like her and shes been talking to me most of the day since she broke up with my mate. So i think maybe she likes me too?

Now i guess your thinking well shes just broke up with your mate and now shes going out on a 'date' kinda thing with you, what a slut / whore whatever? But thing is shes not cos shes never had a proper relationship and just really isn't that kinda of girl trust me.

Is it ok to go with your mates ex? And this soon? If i saw this somewhere else i'd be saying hell no but the thing is as i said they where never really a together in my eyes and its was kinda she wanted to he didn't.

But TLDR: I think she kinda likes me, i like her, my friends only just broke up with her, we're going to the cinema tomorrow. Where should i stand to keep everyone happy?

This has the potential to go horribly, but the best you can do is ask your friend if he's okay with you dating her. If he says yes, then go right ahead... if he says no, then you have to make a decision as to who would you rather lose.

At the end, however, remember that she just got out of a relationship and she may just be looking for a rebound to make her feel better. Is that who you want to be to her?

-A

• Like 2
Basically i get on well with my best mates ex girlfriend. They weren't going out for long and my mate never really wanted to be with her anyway but they where. They broke up 3 days ago and i was there to reassure her and talk to her when they broke up as shes a good friend.

Problem is i invited her out to the cinema tomorrow as friends but i like her and shes been talking to me most of the day since she broke up with my mate. So i think maybe she likes me too?

Now i guess your thinking well shes just broke up with your mate and now shes going out on a 'date' kinda thing with you, what a slut / whore whatever? But thing is shes not cos shes never had a proper relationship and just really isn't that kinda of girl trust me.

Is it ok to go with your mates ex? And this soon? If i saw this somewhere else i'd be saying hell no but the thing is as i said they where never really a together in my eyes and its was kinda she wanted to he didn't.

But TLDR: I think she kinda likes me, i like her, my friends only just broke up with her, we're going to the cinema tomorrow. Where should i stand to keep everyone happy?

I don't know your friend, but my experience tells me that this is not going to go over very well once your friend finds out what's up.

This has the potential to go horribly, but the best you can do is ask your friend if he's okay with you dating her. If he says yes, then go right ahead... if he says no, then you have to make a decision as to who would you rather lose.

At the end, however, remember that she just got out of a relationship and she may just be looking for a rebound to make her feel better. Is that who you want to be to her?

-A

This. She may also be trying to use you to get back at your friend.

Love gets messy when friends start dating exes or sleeping with them.