I Am Completely Fed Up!

1) I live in a very nice wealthy little village. The village in which I live started a "Community Housing" program. They opened a Section 8 / Halfway Housing development right behind my development. I am constantly having to call the cops now because of various things like they are setting off fireworks in the middle of the night so that my husband and I can't sleep, there are gunshots, the kids come into my neighborhood loitering around in front of my home and leering at me when I go outside and some of them follow me into the local market. There are police cars with their sirens blaring and helicopters with their spotlights on constantly around now. A few people have already written posts online that the Section 8 / Halfway Housing is ruining our quaint little village that used to be so peaceful. The crime rate is soaring in what used to be one of the safest communities in the United States of America. I am writing an article about this. I no longer feel safe anymore.

2) My neighbors are driving me insane. My next door neighbor, she and her daughter are both addicts and compulsive liars. I have nothing to do with either of them and I avoid them. However, a letter for them came to my home by mistake. I went over to give them the letter. I found all of their kitchen cabinets (freshly painted) sitting out in the rain. From the rain the wood had all started cracking. Their car was parked, with the keys in the ignition, the engine running and the windows down (again, in the rain). I pounded on the door several times and there was no answer. I was scared that they might have overdosed or something. I called 911. They sent two sheriff's deputies and an ambulance. I stood outside, waiting for the deputies and the paramedics. The deputies pounded on the door. They were just about to kick the door in when my neighbors answered the door, drugged out of their minds.

I cannot take this anymore. I love my house. I do not want to move. Do I have any other options besides calling the police, the HOA and the Community Housing department every time something happens; especially since they're not actually doing anything to put a stop to any of this?

Edited by ain37
Grumpybutfun

Not to my knowledge. Unfortunately, your quality of life is now lessened by the neighbors. Regretfully, your only choice for a life with peace and quiet is to move regardless of how much you love your house. You can find another house you love, but you cannot get back your peace and safety in that neighborhood.

Luck,

Grumps