friend dropping me?

she just texts me no more chats, the texts are just bits of news, gossip really, and she does my hair now and again, i think she's gone off me, well ok, that's up to her, she thinks i'm too scruffy (her reason not to phone me) but i don't care about all that unless i'm on the prowl...

so because I think that i have been dropped, i don't feel the same loyalty to her, i mean it's harder to text than it is to dial a number from a mobile, mine is already on her phone, so she's going to alot of trouble to not talk to me

she wanted to do my hair but it was too cold to visit her (i pay her) and she got very annoyed told me so (in a text again as usual) i didn't want to pay her the week before (too broke) so she might feel messed around twice, but i told her (in a text) i'd visit her if she's desperate for the hairdresing money, she said not

but maybe she's just lost it for a while, she has two thousand free mobile minutes a month, but she was annoyed with me, like i owe her much, but i am too aware of being demoted to just somebody to text, but not to chat to, or am i reading this wrong?

any thoughts? I known her twelve years

Edited by darkmoon

Maybe she's going through a rough time? Are there other circumstances that could be playing a role in this? Or maybe she feels the same way you do and there's a misunderstanding. You can hash it out and talk about the elephant in the room but I try to contact her more and talk the way you prefer to. Sometimes you have to be the one to demonstrate what you want. Forget the hair thing and just call to talk other stuff. It's a good sign that she still texts. If she really wanted to end the friendship, she wouldn't even do that.

• Author
Maybe she's going through a rough time? Are there other circumstances that could be playing a role in this? Or maybe she feels the same way you do and there's a misunderstanding. You can hash it out and talk about the elephant in the room but I try to contact her more and talk the way you prefer to. Sometimes you have to be the one to demonstrate what you want. Forget the hair thing and just call to talk other stuff. It's a good sign that she still texts. If she really wanted to end the friendship, she wouldn't even do that.

she has become an auntie and is busy with her new nephew whose mother never liked me, but she was quite clear "I don't phone you anymore because..." I know that she is missing out on a v good life four floors up no lift with her gambling habit finally letting her down, she knows much will elude her permanently she didn't ever win the jackpot...I think the worst way I'll send her a birthday card + pressie in May, I always do, idk, she used to be so bubbly, part of me would wonder when she would mature, I think it's now..

Edited by darkmoon