need guidance

Okay, so me and my ex broke up up about 2 months ago. The reason was because she felt I didn't appreciate her or at least that she thought that she couldn't see how much she meant to me. Right now all that is irrelevant because she is in a serious problem. She just finished her masters degree and the work where she interned offered her a job. Since she went to school far away from school she had to lease an apartment for at least 6 months. A couple days ago we talked to one another to get closure when she told me the problems she was getting at work. She told me that her boss has been harassing her and that everyone treats her like ****. As a counselor she only gets paid by the client so there is the added pressure of having to pay rent/bills. She is afraid of speaking up to her boss because she is afraid that she will loose her job that she desperately needs, which has made her feel coerced to work there.

I felt pretty sick and guilty hearing her crying telling me all this. I'm at the point where I want to help her by offering to help her pay her rent until see can at least find another job so that she can leave her toxic work environment that has taken a toll on her well-being. Not for one second do I have any ulterior motive for this, because I sincerely love and care for her beyond our relationship. There were times when I was distressed and she was always there for me. I want to repay her not as a former lover, or even as a friend, but because I know what its like to feel helpless and trapped.

I want to offer help but I'm afraid that she will either be to proud and shameful, or will think I have ulterior motives. How should I approach my offer for help without making her think like this?

If you truly do not have ulterior motives, send her a money order anonymously with a (typed) note saying it is "from a friend".