best friend and roommate?

Hi all! I'm going to be moving in with my best friend next month. She is truly my best friend, of about 15 years now, and I love her to death. But she has me kind of worried by the things she's saying. She's away at school now and will be moving back when the semester ends. We've been away from eachother for 2 years now. She keeps saying things like, "what if we end up hating each other?", or "We'll be doing our own thing so we won't get sick of each other"...I was SOOO excited about us living together because I've really missed her, but now I'm afraid that maybe things have really changed between us. And the fact that she has worries, makes me worry. I would much rather not live with her, if it meant remaining friends. I hear so many bad roommate stories, but I just thought her and I were different. Now I'm not so sure, and I'm having second thoughts. Am I making something out of nothing? ANd with this negative attitude, am I just asking for trouble? :(

bluechocolate

There are lots of bad room-mate stories and there are some good ones too. The truth is you're not going to find out until you do it. I wouldn't be too worried about your friends comments about doing your own thing, etc. Sounds to be that she is aware of the dangers of friends and room-mates. Over the years I have shared with many of my friends, some of them good experiences, some of them bad. We've always remained friends afterwards even though some of us vowed never to share living quarters again!

Is this your first time living away from home? If so my bet you two will be too busy living it up to get bogged down in room-mate sh*t ( at least for the first year ).

Good luck