Pattern with friendships

lovepugs86

I've noticed for most of my life I will be close with someone and then they will distance themselves from me eventually. This is really starting to bring me down. I'm 26 years old and have just gone through a breakup.. and I really see who my true friends are. Some have been there for me, but some have not. I would love to make new friends, but it's not that easy. I'm beginning to wonder if something is wrong with me or is it the people I am becoming friends with... I need some help...

More specifically, I've had a good friend since high school and ever since this breakup happened, she hasn't been there for me at all and recently has stopped contacting me all together... I don't understand how someone can do that to a so-called "friend." She just wants to be around people who are happy all the time and don't have any issues and I feel like is a fair weather friend.

Friendships are relationships too. When viewed from this angle, you're going to notice more overarching patterns of compatibility issues. Do you tend to emotionally overwhelm people? If so, it's best to find friends who can handle emotional blasts.

One Sunday morning, Satan appeared before a small town congregation. Everyone started screaming and running for the front church door, trampling each other in a frantic effort to get away.

Soon, everyone was gone, except for an elderly gentleman who sat calmly. Satan walked up to the man and said, "Don't you know who I am?"

The man replied, "Yep, sure do."

Satan asked, "Aren't you going to run?"

"Nope, sure ain't," said the man.

Perturbed, Satan asked, "Why aren't you afraid of me?"

The man calmly replied, "Been married to your sister for over 48 years."

Eternal Sunshine
I've noticed for most of my life I will be close with someone and then they will distance themselves from me eventually. This is really starting to bring me down. I'm 26 years old and have just gone through a breakup.. and I really see who my true friends are. Some have been there for me, but some have not. I would love to make new friends, but it's not that easy. I'm beginning to wonder if something is wrong with me or is it the people I am becoming friends with... I need some help...

More specifically, I've had a good friend since high school and ever since this breakup happened, she hasn't been there for me at all and recently has stopped contacting me all together... I don't understand how someone can do that to a so-called "friend." She just wants to be around people who are happy all the time and don't have any issues and I feel like is a fair weather friend.

You have to read what type of person someone is...I have a very close friend who I tell everything I am going through emotionally (mostly negative) and she does the same. We are there for each other and neither is overwhelmed by too much emotion.

I have another friend that has light and breezy personality. I know she hates negativity, so I see her when I am in a good mood. I don't have any deep conversations with her, but still value her friendship.

• Like 1