I can't stand it anymore. / Rant.

xPiercethenikki

xPiercethenikki

Okay. So last year, I started to become "Best friends" with this girl. She had moved here the year before, and we hadn't really talked until the following Summer, on Facebook; and when we came back to school (after Summer) we soon became inseparable. And it was nice and stuff, I mean having someone that was there in a way.. Because I usually stick to myself, and my other best friend is home-schooled, so I never really get to see her. .__.

She, had never really treated me like a friend though.. She was always constantly down-talking me, and stating how "ugly" I was, and how I was an apparent whore, (When the entire beginning of our friendship I didn't even have a boyfriend and I didn't go out or anything. I stayed home playing games.), and always interrupting me every time I talked.. But every time she would complain and complain about her family, or the guy she liked THAT week, I was always the first to listen. And I was always there for her, and I never got that back..

In December, I was on her Facebook and saw this guy, that caught my eye. A nerdy, adorable guy who was so cute, (to me). And she instantly began to bag on him.. Saying how "annoying he is", and how he was apparently "obsseeessed with her." And went on and on, about how much she hated him. Well, we ended up talking.. and.. really started to like each other. and in February we started our long distance relationship, (and We're still in it. :love:) But once we did, she basically.. HOPPED on him. Like always posted on his wall, and messaged him, and flirted-- a LOT.

That's another thing, she flirts with every guy she comes in contact with.. and when she does, she will pretend to like whatever they do, just to try and trick them into liking her as well. -.-

Even when she came over my house, she'd sit RIGHT next to me, and message him.. and every time I tried to see what she was saying, she'd pull away.. .. The thing is though, My boyfriend hated her. xD She would actually say to him "Why don't you talk to me anymore?" .. Him: 'Oh, I'm Busy.' Her: "you have time for Tiffany." ..Him: '....Tiffany, is my GIRLFRIEND.' Lolol.

Fast Forward, to this past Summer, where I finally couldn't STAND her anymore, and we ended up getting in a fight and she made me bawl my eyes out.. And my boyfriend then sent her a message telling her to **** herself, and she never deserved me as a friend, and blocked her from EVERYTHING he had her on.. ---Which is another thing, Everyone else always told me to stop being friends with her, because she didn't deserve it, but I always put up with people because I'm too nice, to just say "lolno. go **** yourself."

..Well, up until this day, she still continues to make Facebook post about me, and tag's my old friends, (That she turned against me).. and It's starting to get on my nerves. It's been months, I've gotten over her, and moved on and grew up; and she just fails to do so..

I can't take this anymore. ._.

I don't know what to do.

She's an attention-wh*re.

And you were desperate for a friend.

Being desperate you were willing to overlook her bad behaviour and not punish it.

Ppl like her can only have relationships with ppl who look up to her, who enable her behaviour.

Which is why your 'friendship' went on for so long.

This says about that you have poor boundaries, that you do not have lots of social experience [this is a major social learning experience], things that can come back to bite you later on.

Read some of the sections here to get experience; i was and still am a huge introvert ... this worked for me.

PS: High Facebook friends count [average person has 100-200; we are talking of close to 1000 here without being a celebrity], can be an indication of narcissism, going by a paper released a while back in an american psychiatric magazine.

Edited by Radu
StrawManProphecies

Don't know what to do? Ever heard that saying "Its better to be alone than with bad company" or something to that affect? Well, I am assuming you're in your teens and trust me, things can be so much better when you get older. Your very young and this is the BEST time to make a whole batch of new friends that you can meet. If she turned all your friends against you, what you can do is contact your friends in anyway you can and explain your situation (be mature about it) and leave it at that. Don't try to turn them against her because they'll take it as a battle going on. Be a leader, show them you're the bigger, more mature person.

And the most important thing to do is block her off Facebook, and move on as well as she did. She's just a narcissistic and manipulative person who only wants friends who can praise her. Everything has to be about her, has be her way, has to be about what she wants. Anyone who's on her level or above she feels threatened and insecure and can't stand the thought of having the spotlight off her.

I've dealt with people like this numerous times and still do, and the best solution to dealing with them is just being a leader. Don't give them more attention than they deserve and simply do what you do. They hate it.

She's not worth the trouble, the pain, the emotional wreck and most importantly: she's simply not a good friend/person. When time passes you'll realize how much you don't need her.

• Author
xPiercethenikki

I am, and I realize that. I usually stick to myself anyhow.. I'm not really the social type. ;- ; And I have, the English course I'm in right now, led me to four new amazing people, who I absolutely love. I recently have realized; that they obviously were not that great of friends anyways, if they let her turn them against me so easily, (after us being friends for 5 years.)

Over the summer when all this was going on, they were posting status' STRAIGHT about me, and posting pictures to mock mine. I deleted them all, and blocked them. I said not two words to anyone, and even when they tried to talk down on me, I ignored them, but also failed to stand up for myself, (as I often do.) The problem with me, though. Is I can't be mean to anyone, I die inside if I know I hurt someones feelings or anything of the sort..

But even passing them in the hallways everyday, frustrates me.

• Author
xPiercethenikki
Don't know what to do? Ever heard that saying "Its better to be alone than with bad company" or something to that affect? Well, I am assuming you're in your teens and trust me, things can be so much better when you get older. Your very young and this is the BEST time to make a whole batch of new friends that you can meet. If she turned all your friends against you, what you can do is contact your friends in anyway you can and explain your situation (be mature about it) and leave it at that. Don't try to turn them against her because they'll take it as a battle going on. Be a leader, show them you're the bigger, more mature person.

And the most important thing to do is block her off Facebook, and move on as well as she did. She's just a narcissistic and manipulative person who only wants friends who can praise her. Everything has to be about her, has be her way, has to be about what she wants. Anyone who's on her level or above she feels threatened and insecure and can't stand the thought of having the spotlight off her.

I've dealt with people like this numerous times and still do, and the best solution to dealing with them is just being a leader. Don't give them more attention than they deserve and simply do what you do. They hate it.

She's not worth the trouble, the pain, the emotional wreck and most importantly: she's simply not a good friend/person. When time passes you'll realize how much you don't need her.

I am, and I realize that. I usually stick to myself anyhow.. I'm not really the social type. ;- ; And I have, the English course I'm in right now, led me to four new amazing people, who I absolutely love. I recently have realized; that they obviously were not that great of friends anyways, if they let her turn them against me so easily, (after us being friends for 5 years.)

Over the summer when all this was going on, they were posting status' STRAIGHT about me, and posting pictures to mock mine. I deleted them all, and blocked them. I said not two words to anyone, and even when they tried to talk down on me, I ignored them, but also failed to stand up for myself, (as I often do.) The problem with me, though. Is I can't be mean to anyone, I die inside if I know I hurt someones feelings or anything of the sort..

But even passing them in the hallways everyday, frustrates me.

She sounds like a horrible piece of ****! You shouldn't have to deal with someone who puts you down all the time :(

I get where you're coming from, since I also try to avoid conflict and end up letting such "friends" walk over me.

You did the right thing deleting them from your Facebook, but it's kind of tough to avoid people you see at school all the time.

Are they any people around who share your interests? You can start rebuilding your circle of friends and you still have your boyfriend :)