People who bag you out when they do not get what they want. Why?

Kimbra

My friend has started noticing that our mutual 'so called friend' is a bit of a fake and liar.

I have noticed this myself but did not say anything till she brought it up.

I have started distancing myself off this 'so called friend' of ours because she bad mouths and disrespects me whenever I do not do what she wants.

My other friend goes on about it also but still hangs out with her. Even though she knows how I feel about her and that she feels the same way about her!

Recently the 'so called friend' bad mouthed me to our mutual friend and now I feel like she has taken the 'so called friends' side over mine. Just because I did something the 'so called friend' did not approve of.

It was over something so petty like having two birthday celebrations instead of the one because the 'so called friend' did not get along with another girl in the other group of girls I hang out with.

She was going on about how she felt like she was second class and that she felt like I was putting her on the back burner. Seriously? I was still gonna celebrate my birthday on another night with them! She was acting like I did not invite her out at all? LoL.

Why wanna hang out with someone you do not even like in the other group anyway? She bad mouthed me to the other girl and now that has made me a bit more paranoid about the whole thing.

• Author

My 'so called' friend is 26 years old. The other girl and I are in our early 30's. Still can't believe girls act like that even at our age.

I was just trying to consider everyone's feelings and did not want any drama at my birthday. Just wanted everyone to have a good time.

This girl was Overseas with us at the beginning of the year also and tried to divide the group as well.

Two of the girls in the group do not even talk to her anymore. It is just not worth the bother.

When you hang out with people you just want to have fun and enjoy each other's company. Not deal with petty drama's and negativity like hers when she does not get her own way.

My 'so called' friend is 26 years old. The other girl and I are in our early 30's. Still can't believe girls act like that even at our age.

Neither can I... that's why I asked....:rolleyes:

I was just trying to consider everyone's feelings and did not want any drama at my birthday. Just wanted everyone to have a good time.

"No good deed goes unpunished...."

Remember what Abe Lincoln said: "You can please some of the people...." and I guess you must know the rest.

Trouble is - it was your party, and the one person you should have been intent on pleasing - was you.

Arrange things for your pleasure and convenience, not anyone else's. If they want to fall in with your plans, great! If not - their problem.

This girl was Overseas with us at the beginning of the year also and tried to divide the group as well.

Two of the girls in the group do not even talk to her anymore. It is just not worth the bother.

Who cares? Rise above it. You know what happens when a circle of friends knows a woman like that? All discussions revolve around her, and it soils the chat.

Next time she comes up in conversation - say how boring it is, then change the subject!

When you hang out with people you just want to have fun and enjoy each other's company. Not deal with petty drama's and negativity like hers when she does not get her own way.

I rest my case..... Emotional leech. Drains everyone else's good humour by being the focus of the discussion.

Move on, guys!

• Author

That is why I planned on having two separate birthdays. That was what I wanted.

I did not end up having the other birthday. Everyone seemed dirty on me after she bagged me out and I did not feel like anyone was as interested so I ended up canceling on them.

Then felt like I had to apologise to our mutual friend as well. Even though I had done nothing wrong. Because I knew what would have happened. Ended up getting no response from her so just thought 'forget it.'

Although when I sent a text saying Merry Christmas to both girls on Christmas Day they both responded back to me. But don't trust either of them now.

Our mutual friend seems more on this girls side. Don't know why if she agrees with me about her being a fake and a liar. I did not even bring it up with her. She saw that on her own.

Not forcing anyone to take sides. Just do not understand why she would prefer to be friends with her over me ?? Cause it feels that way to me.

No big loss either way I guess. :rolleyes:.