Cause for concern?

freeradical

My husband and I have never liked it when people just show up at our house announced. It creeps us out and it makes us feel suffocated. Whenever someone has showed up announced, well tell them how much it bothers us. They almost always respect that and make a point of calling and letting us know if they want to come over.

Now, we have this neighbor. We both really like her (and her daughter), but her vibes make us feel uncomfortable sometimes. We just get the sense that she's battling with an addiction. In fact, the other day I was feeling anxious about a tiny work-related problem that has since been resolved, but she recommended that I have a drink and pop a Xanax. I told her that I'm allergic to alcohol and that I'm vehemently against the use of drugs for recreational purposes. She respected that. But, her comments definitely make it seem that mine and my husbands feelings about her are correct. Plus, she seems very lonely. My husband doesn't think that we should avoid her, but I'm wondering if maybe we should?

She just comes over announced. I work from home. I told her that I work from home and that she can't come over announced...I could get fired. She hasn't stopped over since I told her that. I just really hope I didn't hurt her feelings, since it was the truth. If she comes knocking on the door or on the window while I'm on a call with a customer...I could get fired.

My aunt is a clingy and needy addict. Dealing with her is just non-stop drama. The last thing I want is to end up with a clingy and needy drama queen of a neighbor.

I feel like I'm trapped in my own home.

i have had an almost identical problem mine needed two notes shoved thru her door asking her not to visit and her ignoring then and ringing my doorbell, i didn't answer, be firm, i had to be

she is using your home in the a place of an outing, you wrote -

She just comes over announced. I work from home. I told her that I work from home and that she can't come over announced...I could get fired. She hasn't stopped over since I told her that. I just really hope I didn't hurt her feelings

so i think this -

i wouldn't give any more of a damn than she gives you

i can't stand droppers-in, but all this is up to you

Edited by darkmoon