awkward situation

darkmoon

i have decided to end a friendship with my neighbour, she gossips about others, expects to borrow things, and dominates, hectoring, she won't give me her phone number. She sees herself as never wrong in these matters.

we have a mutual friend, a guy, who she introduced me to, he lives further away.

i have a feeling she will call round when he visits her, they will both be at my door - i don't like or trust her - i told her to leave me alone twice she ignored both times, i ignored my door-bell going

i can't handle her, I know she will piggy-back onto him to get into my home, she's a bit lonely, but horrible, i've known them both 12 years, but i only like him

i just want to not answer door to them both - is this so bad?

i'm frightened they will yell up at my window, she will anyway

i really do not want to know her

she is very pushy, i'm a nervous wreck

Edited by darkmoon

Have a talk with your mutual friend. Tell him that you are cutting off your friendship with this woman and you do not want him bringing her to your house.

If he won't respect your wishes, then maybe you should be cutting him off too.

• Author

i postponed him til Christmas, while i write a pre-emptive note to her, it's been like this before, friends with him while i dropped her, i think she likes bullying/talking down to me to feel big herself, then standing up to her turns dramatic, like a heated love-affair (being controlled and retaliating) with none of the plusses :confused: thanks for your support

Edited by darkmoon