friend confusion

Daffydil

Hi Everyone :)

I'm sorry my first post is immediately jumping in looking for advice, but I could use some opinions please? This day a fortnight ago, myself and a very old friend of mine of about 20 years were out for an evening and went for a few drinks. We ended up kissing at the end of the evening, just once, but intimately, rather than a peck on the lips if that makes sense? Neither of us were so drunk that we didn't know what we were doing, and I definitely liked it.Now neither of us are teenagers, both in our late 30's, and hardly shy but since then , neither of us has mentioned it to the other, and although we've not met in person, (I did try to get them to meet twice over the two weeks but work/life interfered) we've emailed back n fro as normal, just chat not really flirty or anything.

My question is, from this would it seem that they're just not into it and avoiding potential hurt/embaressment by not saying anything? I'm not mentioning it, because I have no idea what to say, and also, I'm scared of losing them as a friend, if it's one sided (ie I'm keen, they're not...), but I am confused about it and afraid i'd be jibbing myself if I didn't say something and lost out on a good thing...

Any help really appreciated, thanks :)