Almost all my friendships end up broken

exoduse22

Except for my high school friends, my friendships always wither away. I often times make good impacts on the start but slowly disappears as we get to know each other more. I really like to be with some people, but sometimes I get too scared to lose those friendships and it gets worse from there. I am really trying to be myself but sometimes society makes me act otherwise. Any tips on how to truly love ones self and let others love you back?

it is even tricky with neighbors. Nobody seems to have the time or energy unless you happen to be a very charismatic person.

Except for my high school friends, my friendships always wither away. I often times make good impacts on the start but slowly disappears as we get to know each other more. I really like to be with some people, but sometimes I get too scared to lose those friendships and it gets worse from there. I am really trying to be myself but sometimes society makes me act otherwise. Any tips on how to truly love ones self and let others love you back?
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi :laugh: I saw you only got one answer and I just wanted to give you my humble opinion on the issue:

All depends on what you're looking for. I'd like you to ask yourself... What kind of friends would I like to find? Real or fake ones? Friends to be with me durnig thick and thin or just someone to hang out and have a good time? The later are easier to find and get... just tell them what they want to hear and try to sound convincing. Don't send out needy/clingy vibes, that actually scare them off.

Interpersonal relationships are hard and complex, some friendships require a lot effort and investment of time to make them work. Others don't. Sometimes people just suck. Try not to expect too much from people... I do that to protect myself from getting hurt in the future; that way the disappointment won't be as bad (if it happens - worst case scenario)

You've to take into consideration everyone is different, we all have different personalities; our behaviour is mostly based on our past experiences whether they were good or bad. That influences a lot the way we socialize and interact with others. Some people are very good, some are bad... some will look to take advantage of you; others won't. Some people like to have some ''time apart'' (me for example) some need social interaction all day long to feel allright and will thank you for it if you give it to them.

The true and good friends will often as well happen to be good-hearted, smart and sensitive individuals who as well as you are looking for a more real and deep connection in an emotional & interpersonal level with another individual alike. That's the kind of friends you want to get! Unfortunately those aren't easy to find... but once you do you will know it!

Fake people go after fake friends... I know a girl with over 400+ phone/facebook/skype contacts... how you think she got to have so many friends? She happens to be a very fake and shallow person who only tells you what you want to hear, but won't be there for you when you are having a bad day and really need to talk. I know this girl for a really long time... (over 12 years) so I know this girl pretty well. She always has a lot people around her... she has spare friends to hang out every weekend. I really doubt less than the 5% of those will be there for her when she really needs them. Me and her are no longer friends... if she had been a REAL friend as I was with her, G-d knows there are very few things I'd not have done for her! I recently decided I didn't want another grey shadow in my life. We work at the same place, but bleh :D

Don't feel bad, at least you're not being fake... smart and sensitive individuals can percieve that ''fake'' vibe and will most likely avoid a close contact with you. So be yourself... try to be the best you can be and you will eventually attract the right kind of people (they'll notice) I'd like to recommend you 2 books I found to be very interesting and helpful (if you want)

Best of luck ;)

Edited by Sefarad