I still don't get this guy...

ConfusedOne4

Hey All,

I've made posts before about my friend. Long story short, I told him back in January I had feelings for him and we had a rocky few months with arguing, etc. because I guess I took too long to get over it all. As far as he knows I'm over it, but not really (and I'm hoping he doesn't realize I'm not over it, I just need more time). We spent a lot of time around each other, since we were in all of the same classes. Now, we get to pick our own classes, so we only have 2 together this year and we plan on being study buddies like we usually are, since we work well together.

Now this is my issue. I get he isn't into me and I'm fine with that. We're in a good place after all the drama that occurred in the few months after I told him how I felt.

So, we're both at a social for a club we are e-board members for and I was talking to a friend of a friend (who doesn't go to our school). For the most part people stopped coming into the conversation after they realized we were in a nice conversation and everyone left us alone.

Then my buddy comes out of no where behind us (my back was turned to where he came from, but the guy was facing that direction) and tries to get into the conversation. (I honestly thought guys had more sense than that to know when to interfere in conversations between 2 people and what not). For the most part he was pushed back out of the conversation and he ended up sitting there talking to another person that was attending our social.

I'm almost positive I'm reading into it. But, was he trying to interfere in the conversation (the guy was pretty attractive) or just being nice and wanting to talk to this friend of a friend too?

(Background Note: I tend to give him a lot of attention and I think I spoiled him because when he doesn't get attention for an extended period of time, he does tiny things to get me to react and give him a bit of attention. Also, some of our friends joke about us, and some of mine say that we're pretty much in a relationship without the label).

And, I can't confront him about it because he will just get annoyed with me, which will just set us back all these months of us working to be better than we were before I told him how I felt.

nobody with any self-respect is going to put up with being told to go away, snubbed that is, by a friend, i'd snub then back next opportunity i had, probably not what you want to hear, so see what other people say, bye

Edited by darkmoon
  • Author

OK...so I can see how you think I "snubbed" him, but I never told him to go away. The guy and I were talking and he just jumped into the middle of our conversation and he spoke and bit and I guess finally realized I was in a good conversation with the dude and just sat there listening and started talking to the girl that came and sat down at the table we were at.

And, I finally got the guts to start talking to new guys again, after months of badgering myself over not getting over him fast enough, and he interferes with that. Everyone else, even the guy's good friend, stayed out of the conversation and let the two of us talk.

My friend knows how much I care about him. The environment of the type of grad school we're in makes people get close really quickly and form tight friendships. Pretty much everyone I know has at least one really tight friend there that you would do almost anything for. For me, it's this guy. But, part of me feels like, which I'm sure I'm reading into 100%, he isn't ready for me to move onto someone else...he likes the attention and if I'm with someone else then he can't get it.

Anyone else have any thoughts? Or do you think I snubbed him too and he was just trying to be social when he came into my conversation with the other guy?

It sounds like he just thought your conversation sounded interesting and wanted to join it. Other people were trying to join it too. He wasn't acting any different from anyone else.

• Author

Thanks SpiralOut,

I just needed an outside person to confirm I was just reading into things. Some of my friends were saying a bunch of other things, including I was reading into things, but more the other things that I refuse to believe.

• Author

SpiralOut or anyone else,

There is something else I just remembered. I'm sure it doesn't make a difference and I'm just reading into it all. BUT, (the social was at a Bar) when we were leaving and I was putting my stuff into his trunk (since we were carpooling home together) he was a little annoyed at me because I was joking that I was crushing his gym bag or something like that. He was like don't put it there it's my stuff....

It's more of you had to be there to see his reaction kind of thing. But yeah. I'm probably reading into it again, right?