Incident with close friend

robaday

I went to a friends party last night. Everyone was pretty drunk. I was play fighting with a mate - nothing serious we were just wrestling and messing around. We would never intentionally hurt each other, so it was just fun.

Out of no-where his brother came and in and picked up a knife and started jabbing it toward the guy I was wrestling with. I jumped in front of my friend to protect him and begged the brother to put the knife down - he was waving it around, and I could sense he wasnt just messing around. I managed to shout for help, and two other friends pulled the brother away.

The brother who is actually a really close mate, then just left without saying a word. Hes been acting very uncharacteristically for the last six months - I know whos going through some tremendous personal dificulties, details of which Im not completely sure of. Im deeply worried about him, even though what he did was disgusting and I cant respect it. But if it had been with another group of guys, he would be dead or in jail.

I wonder what I can do. I think he needs help of some kind, even an intervention. Any advice.