Questions-

King Bowls

Hi I'm new to this board.

There's a girl iv been texting for about a month now. When we first started it was prettty back and forth (no 1+ day waits for a reply or anything.) lately, she has been busy and I understand that. Last week, we would talk maybe once a day and it wouldn't be until 11:30 PM or later because she didn't respond to texts till this. And she said sorry she's been busy. 2nd

time around, I text, get 1 reply in 5 days, and says srry again and that it wa rude of her. And I know she may be busy, may be, but shes still had facebook posts in the long time of her not replying. And we had a long talk Sunday night and said she'll call me the next day. So she never called me, texted me saying she was getting braces and I said back hope that goes well. This was in the morning. Later that day, I texted her asking how it went, didn't get a reply. I messenged her later on the ki k app asking if I can call her because she had yet to call me (this was sent at 7pm). Still didn't get a reply. I texted her tuesday. All I said was "hey". So to see what would happen, I didn't text her at all yesterday. And havnt yet today. If I don't send her anything today that's 2 days in a row now. So what does this mean? I'm not a pushing person at all, and while iv texted get getting no responses in the past, I didn't blow her phone up with 10 texts or anything, it was just 1 text that I'd send. And I know she can't be too busy, because she's had multiple facebook posts and on what of her statuses told somebody In response to their comment "text me". And that was last night. Many hours after I'd texted her. And note this, no we're not dating and maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but I really care about this friendship and would hate to see it fall by any way. So what exactly is going on here? Please no rude responses.

Thank you!

I honestly think she doesn't think as much of this friendship as you do... if it's friends, by and large, females prefer female buddies to chat with... guys always seem to have an agenda, and be seeking more... that's sometimes how it comes across, so maybe she's just keeping you at arm's length...

(And....why would you even be expecting rude responses....? :confused: )

• Author

Yeah you're right maybe she is keeping it arms length, it's just frustrating. I know my post is long so just in case I misworded, the last time she texted me was Monday morning about getting braces. And that's been it.

• 2 weeks later...

well from my experience talking to a girl every day generally only happens if youre dating them, or thinking about it. She may have expected that you were into her and since you didn't ask her out for a month she figured it isn't going to come and has given up on you.

If you are sure that everything is just platonic I would agree that she doesn't think as much of the friendship as you do and I would suggest that as hard as it is you back off and try to put your energies into other people.

Also just a word of advice, texting someone that you aren't into or really good friends with already that much comes across as desperate/needy and no one wants needy friends.