Mutual friends...No contact with Ex.

LoveAnimals

LoveAnimals

Hey everyone my ex and i split up about 6 weeks ago. After a passionate on and off relationship we mutualy split although we still loved each other. We are not really on bad terms, i actually spoke with him for an hour yesterday to further clear things up and he agreed with me that its best we stay apart to move on. Anyway we have a lot of close mutual friends. My problem is that i have invited some of the people ( guy friends) to the beach and plan on inviting them out dancing etc.. as a group. My concern is that they will in turn invite my ex and although i dont hate him, i dont want to see him. Feel it could ruin my night ( in a sad way). I dont know how to let them know that when i invite them out i would appreciate it if they didnt invite my ex. But i dont know if its in my place to even ask that. Opinions?

Philosoraptor

Well you should make it clear that you would prefer him not to tag along. Not much else you can do.

Having mutual friends after the fact is hard. Oftentimes they will pick one side or the other and it just ends that way.

Very difficult situation....mutual friends after a split. Your friends need to realize they need to share you guys and can't hang out at the same time with you guys.