2 Jerk friends, it's been 4 years already...ditch them or let them be fools anyway?

monkey00

i have 2 dumbass friends....

they live next to each other so those idiots are always hanging out together.

the main one is influencing the other's thoughts...the main one is negative about meeting new ppl, and learning new things, basically being anti-social, and hesitant to meet girls cause he has low self esteem and negatively bitter in his own way, very judgemental person and likes to talk all tough...but i know he's just being a fake, when it came down to other times he was just a pussy.

and yea the other one is trying to be like him.

so i just go whatever...im still true to myself and am my own leader. i lent them stuff in the past and helped one join a gym cause he was too afraid to go by himself. i tell them about job opportunities..etc. they are unemployed college students, but they dont even give it a try and already give up.

i watch out for them, but i dont think i feel the favor being returned.

plus those 2 are complete dicks if u ask me. they're more of hangout buddies to me than true friends....jeez i talk to my co-worker more about girls, and other stuff than i can with those idiots.

the main idiot influencing the other, is very ignorant, low tempered, he thinks he knows everything but doesnt. i have other friends, but i usually end up hanging with these idiots more than i do with my other friends. they've never had a gf and are losers if you ask me, and they are cont with their loser ways.

they're not affecting/influencing me negatively with their attitudes/personalities, cause im not following them, im being my own leader.

but i find it wasting my time to be around ppl that are negative towards life who are ignorant and REFUSES change. ive known them since hs.

what do you guys think i should do? cont' hanging out with them for the hell of it or just lose it all and forget them?

i'd say they need me more than i need them.

usually we pool once a week, and catch movies occasionally....it would be crappy for 2 ppl to do that all the time hehe...

I'm going to venture that you get off on being the most successful, most healthy, most together member of your group. It's not them who are "keeping you down"--it's you. These loser jackholes make you feel good, as Dr. Phil (sorry) would say, they are your "payoff".

You think you are their angel, that somehow you're protecting them from the world they are vying against--or worse, that you can change them.

You have a choice, you can enter into a true friendship with someone, one in which there are risks and where you both give and receive--or you can continue messing around with these clowns. You've got to pick what's important to you.

• Author

theyre not making me feel good/bad in anyway.

but there are times where i see them having a negative attitude towards life that i want to give them the heave-ho and open their minds. but those 2 are very closed-minded and "stay in their comfort zone" Basically, they dont go out of their way (regular routines) to accomplish something more worthwile with their life. there are times where they talk about this and that and how "cool, badass they were." i cant even differentiate if what they say is real or lies...cause seeing how they act "now" is giving me doubts about what they say about themselves.

it's sad to see how one person allows himself to be influenced negatively by another person (the prime idiot). but it was his decision to follow him or be like him instead of his bro who even tho dropped out of HS had it better than him. at least his bro has a car, lives in connecticut and lots of friends girls too...the follower i think is somewhat spoiled and under the wings of his parents...in the respect that i always see him having an unlimited source of money...i've never even seen him work or even apply to a job before!! oh well enough babbling, there are ppl who deny themselves of growth, which these 2 insist on doing. i guess you cant change a person who doesnt desire change. the main idiot keeps complianing how life screws him up etc., mainly when entering a new school...blah blah why bother if life is still gonna screw me over again...

I think some part of the main idiot hates me/dislikes me cause im doing better than him in certain aspects. when i give my opinion on something like a hot woman or other stuff, he goes "eh i dont trust your taste." and other stuff too, like when he heard rumors that some driving school is horrible and have mean ppl, im currently in that dirving school and tell him personally that the school is cool and the ppl there are courteous there...he wont acknowledge that he may be wrong, and other times he may even counter me by saying something so he can cont to claim that he's right, he's stubborn as a donkey.

yea i do believe in a give/receive relationship with friends, but not everyone is like that. all they do is take take take!!

Well, I wouldn't recommend having these people as your bosom buddies or personal fix-it projects. On the other hand, it's nice to have some warm bodies next door to shoot pool or watch movies with. Could you maybe pull back a bit and stop analyzing and fixing them? Their parents already tried, you know. Let them be what they were born to be, and either hang out with them or don't.

...they are unemployed...dumbass...antisocial...judgmental...bitter...bad tempered...negative...ignorant...pussy...fearful...idiots

If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all!! Or are you too stupid to know that?? [color=white]Har de har har.[/color]

• Author

maybe you're right about me overanalyzing too much.

they're the only close buddies i got right now.

but there are times where i start to wonder if this relationship is as simple as hangout buddies( in other words ppl that i hangout w/to pass time) or complex friends?

i dont hate them in any way, but these are the only ppl i've come across that has had such a negative attitude towards life and their negative attitude pisses me off sometimes.

i watch their backs at times when needed, but when it comes time for them, i dont think they'd be willing to do the same.

im really unsure what they consider me, a friend, a hangout buddy, or possibly hate me?

in today's world everything is about competition, if you do better than someone, or have better looks, smarter, more money they put that into their hearts and hold a grudgge somewhere inside... ppl that you think you know, its hard to know how they really feel about you.

u get what i mean? i think you've probably felt something like that at some point in your life.

You're right, as ignorant as they are, deep down they probably sense your contempt.

In the past, I've found that I'm most critical of other people when I'm secretly doubting myself.