What exactly is a bestie?

Hey guys, I'm sure this has been done a few times again and again, but I have a situation where I fear that I may be on the way of being friend zoned. This girl and I met back in High school, and after about a couple of years, we just randomly started talking again. She asked if I had skype, and we started talking on there. This has been going on for about two weeks now, and today while we were on the webcam, she posted a status on Facebook saying how she was talking to her bestie: "Me". Now I probably shouldn't look too deep into this because I mean, we are friends, but I was hoping somewhere down the line that it could possibly turn into something a bit more romantic than just friends. What are your guys' thoughts? Is there still hope for me? Or am I completely in the friend zone?

• Author

I've been testing a few things to try and see where I stand. I stopped talking to her for a weekend, and once I got on skype, she IM'd me right away asking me why I was M.I.A. within the past couple of days. So I suppose it's alright to see that she noticed that I've been absent within the last couple of days. After that, she started the IMing for a couple of days, which was a strange change. I've called her beautiful a couple of times to see how she'd react, however one was in a FB comment (That she liked), and the other one was in a good morning text (in which she called the whole text random). And then the other night, I went on FB and skype, but didn't talk to her, then I went offline after posting that I was going to bed. I came back on after about ten minutes to find that she was no longer online also. That however, could purely be coincidence. After testing my boundaries a bit, I'm still not too sure if I am indefinitely in the friend zone. (And she hasn't called me anything along the lines of bestie, bff, etc. since that night.)

"Bestie"?!

That means her best friend.

Hmm.

I don't like the sound of that.

Best kick in some romance.

Ask her out and make it clear it's not platonic.

Do you need ideas of how to set that tone?

Edited by cerridwen
  • Like 1

bestie = friend zoned to never come out...

bestie = never going to see her panties hit the floor

bestie = friend zoned to never come out...

Screw!! :mad:

Oh.

Are you talking to the OP? :confused:

Screw!! :mad:

Oh.

Are you talking to the OP? :confused:

Why ? do you want to see Johan's undies hit the floor ? :laugh:

Edited by Art_Critic
hahahaha
  • Like 1

Sorry. I thought the topic was "beastie". And I know in the right circumstances, C would be quite a little beastie.

Rawr...?

• Like 1
  • Author

Alrighty. Well it's all good if I'm just a friend. I was just curious. But I keep getting these mixed signals from her now. First she'll not wanna talk, then she'll think she's bothering me. And if I don't talk to her for a few days, she'll start a conversation with me and ask me why I haven't spoken to her. I hate women sometimes. Makes me wish I was gay.

Edited by llits

She's using you for attention. that's why she announces it to the world; I guarantee there is some GUY on her FB that she is interested in and making jealous by calling you, another guy, her "bestie". I assume she's no older than say, 22?

• Like 2
She's using you for attention. that's why she announces it to the world; I guarantee there is some GUY on her FB that she is interested in and making jealous by calling you, another guy, her "bestie". I assume she's no older than say, 22?

You are so wise, I never thought of that. You girls sure come up with fun games to play.

• Like 1
  • Author

Well, she's 19. I think I pretty much got my answer tonight when she posted a status about not feeling well. I told her that I'd take care of her (joking around), and all she said was "wtf? lmao". I sent her a "?", and then she said "I'm good, but thanks." Afterwards, the status was erased, and that was the end of it. I guess I'm really nothing that great to her. (Unless someone has a valid excuse for her actions. Haha.) Her ex has been posting stuff on her wall too, so I'm guessing he's squeezing his way back into the picture somehow. Ah well, on to the next one I suppose.

Edited by llits
Alrighty. Well it's all good if I'm just a friend. I was just curious. But I keep getting these mixed signals from her now.

They aren't mixed feelings if you understand you are only her friend...

It's you that is getting the feelings mixed up because you don't want to be a just a friend, change the way you look at it and it will change everything

I'm a little leery of anyone proclaiming "instant best friendship" with me, after only communicating for a couple of weeks.........

True, close friendship needs a lot more time to develop.

Oh look, it's Freestyle, my new bestie! Wait... What does she say?

I'm a little leery of anyone proclaiming "instant best friendship" with me, after only communicating for a couple of weeks.........

True, close friendship needs a lot more time to develop.

Hmmm. Guess I should bring back the matching friendship pendants.

OP, perhaps you got the answer with this one. For the future, here's what I'd recommend: if you don't want to be friendzoned, make a move. That way you'll find out for sure where you stand. If she's into you, great, if she's not, you can move on.

• Author

Yeah, I pretty much got it under control. I asked her where I stand, and she didn't dignify the question with a response. Instead, she just signed off Skype. Oh well, on to the next. Thanks for your advice, guys. :)

Ross MwcFan

I wouldn't have anything to do with her. Kick her to the curb. She sounds like a bitch.