Roommate

not registered

not registered

I have a male roommate. I am female. It is his house and I rent a room. There is no sexual relationship at all. He is actually twice my age and sometimes acts more like a father. Problem is I had a male friend over a couple of nights ago. We were extremly quiet because of the time of night and we didn't want to wake or keep my roommate awake. We talked and messed around on the computer. Because of our work schedules we tend to be up late. Anyhow the next day my roomate(landlord) tells me he would appreciate that I not have sex in his house when hes there. Now 1. we didn't and 2. I don't think its any of his business. I know my roommate wanted me to date him 6 months or so ago and I declined because of age and mainly because we have nothing in common that could sustain that type of relationship. Normally everythings ok. I don't know how to handle this I really can't afford to move right now but I don't think that my roommate should be able to tell me anything. I'm a grown woman and I pay rent. He says that me having sex in the house (which didn't happen) is disrespectful to him and that its not because hes jeolous. His words. The fact that he said he's not jealous when I never said anything makes me think he is. How do I handle this so I get my privacy and still can see my friends without having to move. BTW I have other platonic friends that are male and my roommate has problems with all of them. The only friends he doesn't have a problem with are my female friends who he hits on.

I'm not liking the sound of this at all.

Ultimately you are going to have to move. Couldn't your friends be of any help in finding you a safer living situation? Maybe you could get together with one or two of them and get a place?

Yea, I'd be packing my things right now. It sounds like you don't want to move, but to be honest, the guy sounds a bit creepy. It doesn't sound like it's going to be plausible for you to have your privacy and still live with this man. He has no right to tell you where to have sex. Your sex life is off limits and none of his business.

Or you could go to the guys' houses when sex is in the offing. Saves the hassle of moving and you still get some.

Well, If I were yourself, I would get packing. Your sex life is none of your roommate/landlord's business. Don't get suckered into thinking it is as it's his home, you are paying rent, and therefore have the right to do as you please in the space you are paying for. (outside of contract conditions- i.e.- no pets, smoking, or whatever)

I agree with everyone else - this sounds like a bad situation. He sounds really creepy. I'd move right away, even if it's to you parents or relatives house for awhile.

Personaly I'd tell the old dude to f*ck off, cuz it's absolutely none of his business what u do in ur space. If u pay rent and have a contract there's nothin' he can do ne way, and in that case, i'd bring over as many as possible just to piss him off. I agree with everyone else, he sounds a bit creepy so in the meantime i'd be savin up some cash to move the hell outta there.