Short post need insight

Sw3etdev1L

I am 27

Due to some difficult life experiences which were out of my control, I became not friendly in highschool and college. Therefore, I have few friends who are close but that I don't see as much.

I crave for great friends, nowadays it's different for me because I can share my friendship.

It saddens me not to mingle as much as when I was a kid, or a teenager in school. I used to have many friends in school.

My life is about my boyfriend, my family, and sometimes seeing one or two "friends"... who I see each month or so. I do feel my friend zone is lacking a bit, I wish I had my bunch of good friends who I see frequently, and who I trust.

Aparte from that , today everything is good in me and my life.

Philosoraptor

If you want to make new friends then you must take the initative to do so. Look at your hobbies and possibly find a meetup.com group related to them. You know you would have something in common with the people there so striking up a conversation would be easier for you.

Yes, I would try a meetup.com group. I just joined one and plan on attending a meetup this weekend, if my schedule permits. I too don't have any close friends. I'm 45 years old, and I find that as you get older you start to lose your old friends when everyone's lives become busy with kids, etc. Then it's just harder to make new ones.

You could try joining a class too, such as yoga, but I tried that and found that most women join with a friend and aren't really looking for new friends... :(

I am kind of in the same boat. I am 20, had a great core group of friends. 2 moved away for college which one I see infrequently (every 1.5-2 months) and the other I hardly see. The one left lately seems to be pulling herself away from me. Then I have my coworkers which since our schedules never really match, we never get a chance to hang out. Then the misc friends I do have I rarely see. I need to meet people who have similar hobbies/interests/humor as me to. Ill check out meetup.com