definition of best friends

fsdfsdfdsfsdfaweawe

Here's mine.

If you don't see the person for many months and the first time you see each other you act like there hasn't been a second lost since the last time you saw each other, THAT'S a best friend.

If all of your other friends suck, but one doesn't, that's your best friend.

someone you would lie under oath for.

Originally posted by jenny

someone you would lie under oath for.

Yes! And someone who would lie under oath for you.

Someone, who upon finding out that you had a dead body you needed to dispose of quickly, would find a place to bury it with no questions asked. And who is in complete agreement with you when you describe to her just how strange your family is ... then asks if you were adopted as a child!

a best friend really is the person that fate didn't give you as a sibling, but allowed you to meet in your lifetime. Someone who doesn't worry about those long periods of noncommunication but acts as if time had never passed when you do finally get a chance to talk; someone who rejoices in your accomplishments and commiserates in your sadness ... and who is willing to step in for you when you can't make an important event.

my one girlfriend was "me" when I called to let her know that we were going to miss my mother's rosary after a late start on our roadtrip ... then she let me know how things went immediately afterward! She basically was my wellspring of comfort and sanity throughout my mother's dying and her funeral afterward, but that didn't really surprise me, because in the 20+ years we've been friends, she's really been there for me. (Think of the Bette Midler song, "Wind Beneath My Wings," and you've got a good definition of a best friend like Steph).

I think of her and my best friend from college (a guy) as my true siblings ...

Someone who loves you even though they know who you really are!! Trust, love, understanding, commitment, sacrifice are all words that I would use in describing my best friend