My friend's in the friend zone and doesn't want to give up on her

WordvAction

Quick Story:

One of my best friend's is pretty deep in the friend zone. They dated for 5 days before she told him they're better off as friends. However, she still gives him attention, talks about how amazing he is, and says things that makes him think there's something more. I've been through this before, and have been trying to tell him to let go of her, but he refuses and thinks that she's the one. It's killing me to see my friend like this, as he has now become an absolute mess, and even yelled at me for calling her an attention wh***. Should I let my friend get crushed and learn lessons from it like I did, or try to stop this from spiraling out of control. I feel like the more I try to help him, the more he's pushing me out of his life. I'm not angry at him for it, because I've been in his shoes and know how sometimes emotional decisions get in the way of rational ones, but I'm at a loss at what to do

There's likely precious little you can say that will have sway him.

It's a hard thing to stand by and witness, but yes, he needs to learn this lesson on his own.

Like Cerrid has said, If you have tried and tried to convince your friend to let go of this girl to no avail, then it may be time to back off of him or risk the loss of a friend. If he has been told repeated times by you and her that she just wanted to be friends, then it may be time for him to take the hit and learn his lesson. Just remember to be there for him when it hits him, because when it does, it will hit him hard.