"Friend" doesn't talk to me anymore since her wedding I was in

xomotoxgirlxo

xomotoxgirlxo

Me and this girl met in one of my college classes about 3 years ago. We maintained contact after the class ended and would get coffee from time to time. In December, she got engaged and had asked me to be in her wedding. She wasn't someone I considered a super good friend, I was kinda surprised she had asked me. The other bridesmaids were her co worker and sister in law. Her friend was suppose to be in the wedding but lived too far away. I just assumed she didn't really have a whole lot of friends. Her wedding was in June and ever since then she has not contacted me once. I have asked her to hang out several times since then and each time she says she is busy but wont offer a time when she is not. This has been bothering me for quite a while now and I have asked her a while ago if everything was okay and if I did something wrong and she responded saying basically no that she is just super busy. I am torn on whether or not I should try and contact her again and express how I feel or leave her alone period. She clearly is showing me in her own way she doesn't want to be friends anymore. It just pisses me off since I spent close to $300 for her wedding and now she doesn't talk to me.

And now we know why she doesn't have many friends.

She doesn't deserve someone as kind as you.

I wouldn't bother contacting her again, even to tell her how I felt.

She doesn't seem to care.

Sorry this happened.

I hope you can move forward and not let this affect you too much.

Some people are simply self-absorbed.

Don't let the matter concern you one bit. Move along with your life like she never existed. The only thing you should get out of this is DON'T be in a person's wedding unless they are high tier friends of long standing. Don't do it because you feel sorry for somebody. It sounds like she just cast you for a role in her wedding party, that's all. But that's OK. It's in the past.

If everything works according to the usual, you will hear from her in the future, she'll be divorced and she want nothing more than to hang out with you and pour out her sorrow to you...and that's when mother karma will make sure you are way too busy to get together with her.

Leave her totally alone and let life deal with her.

• Author
xomotoxgirlxo

Thank you so much! My boyfriend was saying the same thing to just leave her alone and yet I felt like I needed more opinions. I definitely will leave her alone as well as deleting her out of my phone, etc. And what I forgot to mention was I saw on her Facebook the other day her asking some girl if she wanted to hang out. That is what put me over the top! I don't need people in my life who are fake. End of story.

Thank you so much! My boyfriend was saying the same thing to just leave her alone and yet I felt like I needed more opinions. I definitely will leave her alone as well as deleting her out of my phone, etc. And what I forgot to mention was I saw on her Facebook the other day her asking some girl if she wanted to hang out. That is what put me over the top! I don't need people in my life who are fake. End of story.

Ahh.

Her next victim no doubt.

Well, your boyfriend's a wise man.

Glad you're moving on to nicer people!

Hey, just let her go... It's for the best.

I was in my exBF's wedding party, and I was the ONLY "friend" she had in her wedding party. The rest were her co-workers and her her sister. I dropped out because she became so demanding and needy that I couldn't take her anymore.

Drop her like a hot potato.

Yep---she just another one of those female friends who disappears as soon as she has a man in her life---it's more common than you might think.Please don't take it personally...............

You'd be better off saving your energy for the friends that are thick and thin......

• Author
xomotoxgirlxo

Ummm I didn't see anything that would be controlling. The only thing that is concerning to me is he just turned 20 a few months ago and she turned 22 in February. So getting married THAT young is a little concerning to me but I never voiced my opinion about it. He came off as a very laid back, quiet, nice guy! They lived together before they got married and hanging out with me was never an issue. But she probably does spend most her of time with him now. Although from what she told me months ago he was suppose to go into the service after they got married and she was going to move back in with her parents once he left. So who knows if that is still the plan and if it is, if she will try and hang out with me. But I am pretty much over the whole thing now.