Roommate Issues

So about 2 months ago I moved in with my sister and her friend, and I'm sharing a room with her friend.

We knew the friend didn't have that much money, but I didn't know the extent to which this was true, and she led us to believe that she would apply to and accept any job available, even if it were something like McDonald's.

The first time we bought food we wanted to be considerate of the fact that she'd just got here and was still looking for a job, and so we let her eat our food too. The thing is, this was only supposed to be a temporary thing(1, maybe 2 weeks), and yet it ended up continuing on up until now, more or less.

The girl has been really lazy and sleeps most of the day(often up to 12 or 14 hours), and when she does leave the house, it's almost never to go job hunting. It's really quite frustrating, since it's like she isn't taking things seriously. We recently pretty much cut her off completely from food, but she keeps trying to make us feel guilty about it, talking about being hungry or stuff like that which I often end up caving in to. We *did* try to do it little by little, though, so it isn't like we cut her off all of a sudden and without warning.

At this point I really don't know what to do about the situation. It's a bit complicated because she's not just some stranger, so it's like we have to worry a bit about ruined friendships and such. But at this point we no longer know how to get through to this girl... She owes us a fair bit of money from last month(ignoring the food) and rent is due in another week, and meanwhile she just doesn't seem all that concerned about it...