My problem(s) with my "friends".

BossCat

Here's a bit of background about myself, before I talk about the issue at hand.

So, I hang out with a group of people at school and all of us get on pretty well (if you ask me), and there doesn't seem to be any issues with the relationship between me and them.

Now, whenever I try and invite/organize something with any of them except one of which are quite closer than the rest, they generally have some sort of "excuse" or reason for not being able to. This can include failing to reply, or just stop communicating.

Now the thing is, I know they hang out with each other when I'm not around. One example of this was when one of them had a party and I wasn't invited while pretty much everyone else was invited! It hurt me so much.

What can I do, to essentially get people to like me? It's hard having nothing to do during weekends and holidays and quite frankly I'm beginning to become depressed again (after 6 months of being fine).

Thanks.

• Author
You have to like yourself first. That means self-respect, self-esteem, and not putting up with other people's crap.

Face it, these people are not considerate of your feelings. Why should you tolerate this? Is not being bored on the weekends worth being their doormat? I'd rather stay home & read a good book.

My advice: Don't focus on "groups". High school girls are like pack animals who turn on each other. Find one girl who you sincerely like & get along with her (don't rule out the "unpopular" ones either). Hold your head up & don't give in to gossip, put-downs, or back-stabbing. The better you feel about yourself--fundamentally & not superficially--the better others will treat you.

Hope this helps.

I'm a guy.

I'm a guy.

You cant get them to like you until you find out why they dont like you first. Your best bet is to find some ways to get them to give you that answer without asking in a way that would get them to lie to you.

Try speaking with them about it. If that doesn't seem to work nor make a difference, move on to some people who appreciate you and want to hang out with you. Nobody deserves this type of treatment. :(