Gonna have to go no contact, or eventually say something I'll regret

LynnieBear

So the guy that I have liked for 2 years wants to keep me around as a friend. Wants to hang out occasionally and talk all night on fb and always responds to texts. Basically act like we are the best of buddies, when I have romantic feelings and he does not reciprocate them.

Well I am growing to slowly hate him because of it. And I can't do that, because he's not in the wrong to not like me, but it is kind of unfair of him to put a friendship off on me, knowing I have feelings. It's even more unfair of me to pretend like we are just that... friends. When I have forever been wanting more.

So, I have decided to try and go no contact. The only problem with that is he is only one of 2 people I talk to on a regular basis. I have other friends, we just don't talk consistently. It's more of an occasional thing. I'm thinking of reaching out more to those friends, but Idk, it's hard.

I thought this sort of thing only happened to guys. I certainly read more of this kind of thing happening with guys on here than I do girls.

Feel horrible, I've even gotten to the point where I think I don't even like him anymore. Like, if he all of a sudden "came around" I don't think I would care. It's been almost (not almost, it has been) 2 years and he had that long to "come around". He kept me hanging on with just a friendship and the occasional asking me to hang out and I feel as if that was stringing me along and I had to hear about all the new girls he liked (and then stopped liking) and I had to hear about his girlfriend he had for 3 weeks (who he dumped over text)... then about another girl and just... aaahh!!

I mean, this has literally driven me crazy and I don't want to deal with it anymore.

I got pretty mean with him over text just yesterday and that's exactly what I don't want to have happen.

Anyway... how do I remain no contact? I don't work or have school this semester, so I literally have nothing to do to occupy myself with to get him off my mind, other than other friends.

How do I keep this up without breaking it?

You may want to tell him honestly (but nicely) how you are feeling. And that you care about him a great deal, but the feelings are not being reciprocated. And maybe tell him that you are afraid of getting hurt. And tell him you can't have contact with him any longer. If he really cares about you, he should respect that and let you go on and heal. Just a thought anyway.

mike

REvolve your life around other things NOT GUYS AND TEXTING.That is the only way you will let go. Stop filling that void its an addiction. My husband is addicted that broke us up. That gets me to the more important issue you girls dont even know who your talking to. For all you know he is married. I told 12+ girls when I found out he was cheating he was married, they dont even know where he lives and they were stripping on webcam for him. Dont put yourself in that hole. Get a real guy.Ask your friends family to introduce you this fb n all is bs.

So the guy that I have liked for 2 years wants to keep me around as a friend. Wants to hang out occasionally and talk all night on fb and always responds to texts. Basically act like we are the best of buddies, when I have romantic feelings and he does not reciprocate them.

Well I am growing to slowly hate him because of it. And I can't do that, because he's not in the wrong to not like me, but it is kind of unfair of him to put a friendship off on me, knowing I have feelings. It's even more unfair of me to pretend like we are just that... friends. When I have forever been wanting more.

So, I have decided to try and go no contact. The only problem with that is he is only one of 2 people I talk to on a regular basis. I have other friends, we just don't talk consistently. It's more of an occasional thing. I'm thinking of reaching out more to those friends, but Idk, it's hard.

I thought this sort of thing only happened to guys. I certainly read more of this kind of thing happening with guys on here than I do girls.

Feel horrible, I've even gotten to the point where I think I don't even like him anymore. Like, if he all of a sudden "came around" I don't think I would care. It's been almost (not almost, it has been) 2 years and he had that long to "come around". He kept me hanging on with just a friendship and the occasional asking me to hang out and I feel as if that was stringing me along and I had to hear about all the new girls he liked (and then stopped liking) and I had to hear about his girlfriend he had for 3 weeks (who he dumped over text)... then about another girl and just... aaahh!!

I mean, this has literally driven me crazy and I don't want to deal with it anymore.

I got pretty mean with him over text just yesterday and that's exactly what I don't want to have happen.

Anyway... how do I remain no contact? I don't work or have school this semester, so I literally have nothing to do to occupy myself with to get him off my mind, other than other friends.

Mike - she has told him she had feelings for him. She has told us all she was going No Contact I don't even know how many times, but never follows through with it.

Farrah - she knows him in real life. She has known him for 2 years. Dreamergirl/Lynnie has been obsessed with him all this time.

Mike - she has told him she had feelings for him. She has told us all she was going No Contact I don't even know how many times, but never follows through with it.

Well.........sometimes these things take a bit of time :)

mike

Wow...you said the word 'obssessed' like I am about my husband.Arent we always attracted to ****?We love ****..we go back to ****..we cant step out of ****. Problem with us women is we think with our minds the day we use our minds we will see the ABUSE it comes emotionally, physically ans verbally. Silence is an extreme abuse the biggest crippling factor. She can choose. She can be the bright apple on the tree he can reach and Not have or the fallen one which he can trample over.By the time she gives up on him hell go through another 6 women and she will still be hoping. Wake up misse...no more pity pots here. I know it doesnt sound pretty but Im being real.

Farrah - she knows him in real life. She has known him for 2 years. Dreamergirl/Lynnie has been obsessed with him all this time.

typo sry: hearts

Wow...you said the word 'obssessed' like I am about my husband.Arent we always attracted to ****?We love ****..we go back to ****..we cant step out of ****. Problem with us women is we think with our minds the day we use our minds we will see the ABUSE it comes emotionally, physically ans verbally. Silence is an extreme abuse the biggest crippling factor. She can choose. She can be the bright apple on the tree he can reach and Not have or the fallen one which he can trample over.By the time she gives up on him hell go through another 6 women and she will still be hoping. Wake up misse...no more pity pots here. I know it doesnt sound pretty but Im being real.
  • Author

He doesn't go through women, he is a normal 20 year old guy who has liked a few girls in the past, I just didn't want to hear it.

He actually respected that... but I still don't think I can handle being friends.

erika... I have never gone no contact before, so I don't know what you are talking about.

who is dreamergirl?

Funny - your story sounds an awful lot like hers. Right down to liking her friend for 2 years.

And you may have never actually gone No Contact, but you have talked about it before. Right after you told him you had feelings for him.

• Author
Funny - your story sounds an awful lot like hers. Right down to liking her friend for 2 years.

And you may have never actually gone No Contact, but you have talked about it before. Right after you told him you had feelings for him.

wow if you paid attention that closely to some girls' posts and now you think she is me, that is pretty creepy... stalker

Lynnie*, last time you were on these boards you had agreed to go NC. Now you're saying you never did. TBH, I didn't think you were serious about it in the first place. And I still don't think you are now.

How old are you now. 27? Or 28? Two years and you still haven't managed to "break" him. How many more?

(*SN changed - again)

• Author
Lynnie*, last time you were on these boards you had agreed to go NC. Now you're saying you never did. TBH, I didn't think you were serious about it in the first place. And I still don't think you are now.

How old are you now. 27? Or 28? Two years and you still haven't managed to "break" him. How many more?

(*SN changed - again)

Do I know you? You are talking like you know me... I am 24...

I met this guy at work and we have been friends ever since. No, I have never gone no contact...

I am 24...

I met this guy at work and we have been friends ever since.

Ok, if you insist... ;):p:lmao:

No, I have never gone no contact...

Why not?

Do I know you? You are talking like you know me... I am 24...

I met this guy at work and we have been friends ever since. No, I have never gone no contact...

Heeeey! Dreamergirl! I was wonderin where you went........:lmao:

• Author

well it's been 5 nights. I have never even gone that long without speaking to him. And vice versa. He is always talking to me or posting on my status updates or something.

I also purposely have not been on my profile. If I hear from him I don't know if I'll respond nicely or not. Our last conversation via text wasn't nice, so I may just ask him why he thinks I should talk to him if he really feels the way he does about me. (Based off what he said last)

So... we'll see.

I see no point in staying friends. This is like a male/female friendship where the guy is hopelessly in love with the girl, but the girl wants to string him along and use him for "emotional support" without any benefits.

If I can't have him romantically, I don't want him at all.

Really no point in staying friends.