LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Platonic > Friendship

Is it possible for a guy to just be friend with a girl?


Friendship Having issues with a friend? Get it off your chest!

Like Tree1Likes
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2011, 11:06 PM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by threebyfate View Post
Yes, men and women can be just friends if you share interests. If you don't share interests, there's no point in having a friend of any gender since you're going to be stuck for topics to discuss. If a guy is trying to befriend you with no common interests, most often he's interested in being more than friends.

Talking about relationships, sex, emotions, all these topics are part of the danger zone for cross-gender friendships. Maintain boundaries and you'll be fine.
If they are friends, you should be able to talk about anything, without having it be a "danger zone".

It should be exactly like a female/female friendship, or male/male friendship.

Truth is, it's not. Anyone who says it is lying to themselves (and everybody else).
LynnieBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2011, 11:12 PM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 12,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieBear View Post
If they are friends, you should be able to talk about anything, without having it be a "danger zone".

It should be exactly like a female/female friendship, or male/male friendship.

Truth is, it's not. Anyone who says it is lying to themselves (and everybody else).
Why should you be able to talk about anything? I don't talk about every, single thing with my female friends either. They have no interest in cold air intakes or exhaust manifolds. Gold last closed at below $1636. Do they give a crap and is it any of anyone's business if I bought or sold any gold and at what price?

It really depends on how you view friendships and not everyone is going to view them the same way you do.
threebyfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 2:00 AM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by threebyfate View Post
Why should you be able to talk about anything? I don't talk about every, single thing with my female friends either. They have no interest in cold air intakes or exhaust manifolds. Gold last closed at below $1636. Do they give a crap and is it any of anyone's business if I bought or sold any gold and at what price?

It really depends on how you view friendships and not everyone is going to view them the same way you do.
When I post a serious post, I expect a serious response. Your sarcasm is out of line and does not fit, or even come close to what I was saying. Don't try to twist the wisdom of my words around, because you don't agree with them.
LynnieBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 2:26 AM   #19
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,330
I've never had a female friend that I didn't want to have sex with.

And just because somebody will ask the question; no, just because I wanted to have sex with them did not mean that I did not consider them a friend.
somedude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 2:28 AM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude81 View Post
I've never had a female friend that I didn't want to have sex with.

And just because somebody will ask the question; no, just because I wanted to have sex with them did not mean that I did not consider them a friend.
What would you do if that "friend" wanted to have sex with you, but only in the context of a serious, committed relationship, quite possibly even leading to marriage? As in, those were the boundaries?

Would you run away and "friend zone" her?
LynnieBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 2:41 AM   #21
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieBear View Post
What would you do if that "friend" wanted to have sex with you, but only in the context of a serious, committed relationship, quite possibly even leading to marriage? As in, those were the boundaries?

Would you run away and "friend zone" her?
Interesting, I've never thought about that.

It really depends on the girl.

Some of my female friends, I would have loved to be in a serious relationship with and others I knew that we had no future. So anything more than a fling would be out of the question.

Yes, I would friendzone a girl if she wanted to have sex, but only in a committed relationship, and I didn't want to date her. I'm not the kind of guy who can lie in that situation and tell her something that she wants to hear just to sleep with her.
somedude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 2:45 AM   #22
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude81 View Post
Interesting, I've never thought about that.

It really depends on the girl.

Some of my female friends, I would have loved to be in a serious relationship with and others I knew that we had no future. So anything more than a fling would be out of the question.

Yes, I would friendzone a girl if she wanted to have sex, but only in a committed relationship, and I didn't want to date her. I'm not the kind of guy who can lie in that situation and tell her something that she wants to hear just to sleep with her.
So then it's true all men are pigs, then? lol thanks for clearing that up!!
LynnieBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 2:58 AM   #23
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieBear View Post
So then it's true all men are pigs, then? lol thanks for clearing that up!!
lol wut?

How did you come to that conclusion?
somedude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 3:50 AM   #24
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude81 View Post
lol wut?

How did you come to that conclusion?
I think anyone who is promiscuous, has casual sex, or "flings" in general, suck.

lol and are people with very low standards and questionable morals
LynnieBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 11:40 AM   #25
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieBear View Post
I think anyone who is promiscuous, has casual sex, or "flings" in general, suck.

lol and are people with very low standards and questionable morals
Then I guess you think almost everybody, men and women, suck.
somedude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 1:40 PM   #26
Established Member
 
Floridaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ga.
Posts: 967
????

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude81 View Post
Interesting, I've never thought about that.

It really depends on the girl.

Some of my female friends, I would have loved to be in a serious relationship with and others I knew that we had no future. So anything more than a fling would be out of the question.

Yes, I would friendzone a girl if she wanted to have sex, but only in a committed relationship, and I didn't want to date her. I'm not the kind of guy who can lie in that situation and tell her something that she wants to hear just to sleep with her.
This is odd, and doesn't sound like you, SomeDude.
You're the one who has posted has never been in a relationship, yet you so want one (understandably). You got your "experience" through other methods, as you posted.

However, this makes it sound like you're more of a player or something, when those of us familiar with your posts know that @30, you're lonely and really want a life companion.

Would think you'd pursue a relationship first, over empty sexual encounters.

With a great relationship (one leading to engagement/marriage), you can likely get BOTH needs (emotional & sexual) met...
__________________
"I don’t know where but she sends me there….”
Floridaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 2:13 PM   #27
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaman View Post
This is odd, and doesn't sound like you, SomeDude.
You're the one who has posted has never been in a relationship, yet you so want one (understandably). You got your "experience" through other methods, as you posted.

However, this makes it sound like you're more of a player or something, when those of us familiar with your posts know that @30, you're lonely and really want a life companion.

Would think you'd pursue a relationship first, over empty sexual encounters.

With a great relationship (one leading to engagement/marriage), you can likely get BOTH needs (emotional & sexual) met...
I think there is something you misunderstood.

Yes I wanted to have sex with with all my female friends.

I did not consider all of my female friends girlfriend material but I would have still slept with them. If I like her enough to be my friend, then I like her enough for sex.

Some of them were girlfriend material and I would have loved to be in relationship with them.
somedude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 3:54 PM   #28
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieBear View Post
romance, love and relationships starts in the "big head", so your answer makes little to no sense. relationships aren't solely based off thinking with the "little head". neither is liking someone.
Not to be "twisting the wisdom of your words," but what I meant was that if the guy isn't trying to bed his friends, then cross-gender friendships are fine. You can have a friendship based on common interests/experiences without sec coming to mind.
Still waiting for that epic post where you explain it all and set everyone straight in two paragraphs or less.
jeffinthecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 5:01 PM   #29
Established Member
 
Floridaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Ga.
Posts: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude81 View Post
I
I did not consider all of my female friends girlfriend material but I would have still slept with them. If I like her enough to be my friend, then I like her enough for sex.

Some of them were girlfriend material and I would have loved to be in relationship with them.
What about them turned you off?
If you want a relationship, would think you'd take chances, particularly if you sensed one of them might say yes.

Besides, if you get to know them better through dating,, you may find some could become GF material.
Floridaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2011, 5:07 PM   #30
Established Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,330
One girl had kids, and a couple others had an attitude.

Honestly, the list of female friends that I didn't want to have a relationship with is pretty small.
somedude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The girl I like and my friend. Daviss General Relationship Discussion 3 6th November 2010 6:19 PM
Im in love with my girl vey best friend..and im a girl lostinlife1 Friends and Lovers 1 7th June 2009 6:14 PM
I really need some with my girl friend... martin_hossein Second Chances 5 11th January 2007 8:37 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 8:02 AM.

Please note: The suggestions and advice offered on this web site are opinions only and are not to be used in the place of professional psychological counseling or medical advice. If you or someone close to you is currently in crisis or in an emergency situation, contact your local law enforcement agency or emergency number.


Copyright © 1997-2018 LoveShack.org. All Rights Reserved.