WTF is her Problem?

WordvAction

I was friends with this girl for about 2 months before we started developing feelings for one another. However, things got complicated and we ended up staying as "just friends" for another year. During this year, we got into a good amount of arguments, and while I kept feelings, she started to like someone else.

This entire time she had known I liked her and continued to keep me around. About a month ago, I asked her if we ever had a chance of dating in the future with which she replied, "No, I'm in love with someone else". After that, I told her I couldn't be friends with her and removed her from all aspects of my life. She was about to date that guy she was in love with so she didn't even care that much. I wished her the best of luck and apologized for any trouble I might have caused in her life.

Now, a month later, she's going around telling everyone that I don't want to talk to her and that I'm a jerk, bumping into me, and going out of her way to show me that she's ignoring me. I didn't want to end things on bad terms with her, but she's continuing to tell any and everyone that will listen that I don't want to talk to her anymore

You did the right thing. You kept your dignity & self-respect (women just HATE that in a guy!). Chances are, she just wants you around to stroke her ego: chasing after her, demeaning yourself, making you jealous. Don't fall for it. You deserve a better type of friend, much less a girlfriend.

Keep your head up & don't let her get to you. She's looking for a reaction. People who know you can judge for themselves. Actions speak louder than words, and the more dramatic she acts & the cooler you are will say it all for you.

Just remember: Women would rather you love them or hate them, as long as you don't ignore them.

Now, a month later, she's going around telling everyone that I don't want to talk to her and that I'm a jerk, bumping into me, and going out of her way to show me that she's ignoring me. I didn't want to end things on bad terms with her, but she's continuing to tell any and everyone that will listen that I don't want to talk to her anymore

She's showing you she's an assh*le. And she's showing everyone else that she's an assh*le.

Be grateful you finally know she's an assh*le so you can move on and stop trying to be "friends" with her.

And if "everyone that will listen" includes people you consider your friends, then they aren't really your friends if they believe her crap. Dump them, too, and find new friends.

Stop surrounding yourself with assh*les and your love life will improve, and your friendships will be more enriching.

• Author

Thank you two for the replies. Luckily for me I haven't seen her in a few days, so it's making the whole process of getting over her much easier. For me, the hardest part of this whole thing is realizing the person that you fell for isn't the person they really are..

For me, the hardest part of this whole thing is realizing the person that you fell for isn't the person they really are..

Amen, brother

You are just experiencing the dark side of the person, which, to the best of my knowledge, we each have the ability to exhibit at certain times. We never know someone fully til we see the Fool that they can be....

I find it entirely peculiar that you simply don't respond with the "Yes I am ignoring her, Yes I am moving on" Straight up honest and that is that. If folks can't get that its for your best interest then move your interest elsewhere.

You did the right thing. You kept your dignity & self-respect (women just HATE that in a guy!). Chances are, she just wants you around to stroke her ego: chasing after her, demeaning yourself, making you jealous. Don't fall for it. You deserve a better type of friend, much less a girlfriend.

Keep your head up & don't let her get to you. She's looking for a reaction. People who know you can judge for themselves. Actions speak louder than words, and the more dramatic she acts & the cooler you are will say it all for you.

Just remember: Women would rather you love them or hate them, as long as you don't ignore them.

i agree...learning from this one as well.