Was She A Bad Friend She Owes Me £50 And Flirts With My Boy!!!???

Charley

hi there basically i was best friends with this girl for about a year. we became friends because one day we were bored at school and shared some drink and got quite drunk and had a really good time. we did it again the next week and it just carried on from there but we started spending more and more time together till we were best friends. we never argued but she started borrowing money off me, just a fiver here and there. one time she went home and she had been looking after my bank card cos i dont carry a purse. anyway she called me and said she had taken somemoney (£10) out my account. i was surprised cos i didnt know she knew my pin number but thought nothing of it till i realised she owed me about sixty or seventy quid. she wuld always brush off my questions of when she would repay me..."Yeah i will your my best friend etc etc." at the same time as this a boy i liked started to pay attention to me and sent me nice texts and stuff. one time me and my friend got suspended and went home, and i got a text from this bloke saying "are u ok? I luv u." Excited i rang my friend and she said she got the same text from him. i gotangry with the bloke but she stayed friends with him. she was in lots of his lessons and i got the feeling she wasbeing friendly with him *i mean like REALLY friendly ie flirty* even though she always told me she didnt like him. he then started texting her lots and she didnt deflect his advances even though when she was drunk once she admitted if she spent time with him drunk she would end up giving him head or more...

Inever understood why she would do this to me when she knew i liked him,and she also never hesitated to tell me when he flirted with her, but it was as if she wanted to rub it in, like "oh yeah, im prettier than you, he likes me more than you" NOT that she evr said it but still.. Then one day me, and three other girls who weremy friends and the blokes all got Really angry with the bloke for various reasons and she decided that she 'hated' him too. she would ignore hm when we were around him but sometimes when chatting to me she would let something slip.. example:

Her: "oh yeah Bloke said something SOO funny in art"

Me: "what?"

Her: "We were in Art and he was talking to me bout Trina and he said she was a dirty Ho!!!"

Me: "why were you even talking to him? U said you hated him, shouldn't you be ignoring him?"

Her: "Oh, Well, HE started talking to ME. I couldnt just ignore him!"

see? if she liked him, she shouldnt ignore him, right? and i know for a fact she would text-flirt with him at night. When I started going out with the bloke she would constantly get annoyed with me, and I know i shouldnt neglect friends when going out with a boy but i ddnt.

Now she wont speak to me at all, but she bitches me off to my bloke who is still in a lesson with her, calling me Pathetic because i asked him to not sit next to her, BECAUSE he told me she started sitting next to him and being flirty with him. we have grown apart i guess. She still owes me money but insists it is £30. I said i would settle for £50 but now she says she is broke, even though her mum has just married a rich man.

SO my questions are, Was she a bad friend? and what shall i do about the money?

Thanks for your time! ;)

i think this is a party friend. this is the sort of girl you sometimes hang with, but you don't trust, don't tell secrets to, don't lend money to, don't trust your boyfriend near, and avoid her from here on out. from now on, only party with these kind of people, do NOT make them your close friends. some people are for breakfast and some are for dinner.

as for the money - i don't know how old you are, but you might want to get a parent involved. make an itemized list of the times she borrowed money and send a letter asking for this money. have anyone who was around when she borrowed witness this list. you will probably NOT get the money back.

so consider it a fee to learn that this girl is bad news, and you need to judge more carefully when it comes to trusting mates. don't fight her - just ignore her. she isn't worth a moment more of your time. decide her behaviour is funny and sort of sad, and she will not be able to get to you mentally any longer.

ona more empathetic note, it sounds as though this girl has severe problems - maybe she needs to get herself to see the school counsellor post haste?

Was she a bad friend?

Let's see...stole from you and lied about it. That's bad. Her big talk about fellating the bloke of your interest bothers me less, because it appears that your circle tends to ugly and foolish talk as a matter of course.

Are these the best people you can find to spend time with at your school? Because if so, I hope you can graduate soon and start moving with a better class of people, who can model ethical friendship and dignity.

what shall i do about the money?

Get your bank card back immediately, and resolve never to lend cash or give bank cards in such a way again. Decide whether you want the hassle of pursuing your money. Document what she has borrowed, in writing, and ask for your parents' help in getting repaid at least partially. I have to say, that most cases like this that I've heard of, the lender/victim does not get repaid.