tell me what i should tell this new guy

lilprecious

wasup everyone i hope everyone is doing fine. well im hanging in there. but i need some advice here about this someone that i have been recently talking to and dont know how to tell him what the deal is. see i told him that i had a bf but really i dont because i he left to the airforce but we are still on good terms. now that i met this really nice guy i dont want to give anyone a chance because i dont want to get tied down with anyone commitments scare me i love being single and meeting alot of different people and getting tied down will only limit my freedom. so like i dont know how to tell this new guy that i want to get to know him as a friend and our friendship can grow. he already likes me and i dont know how to tell him that i just dont want to be tied down with anyone right now and the thing is he is under the impression that i still have a bf but in actuality i dont because i just wanted to play it safe.

So please anyone give some advice on how to approach this guy and tell him up front.

thanx very much everyone

Hi Lil.....thanks for the PM.

I'm the world's worst at confronting someone to say I'm not interested or not AS interested as they are. I end up avoiding them, not answering the phone when they call or just acting like a 13 year old and tell a mutual friend how I feel (or don't feel). I hate confrontations or hurting someone's feelings.

In your case though, you still have the 'boyfriend in the military' you can fall back on. Maybe tell this new guy you don't want to commit till you have a chance to see what may come out of your 'other' relationship when he gets home. You could tell him you would still like to go out with friends (including him)....but that you don't want to commit to anyone at this time. Pull the 'Patriotic Card'.....say you don't want to be unfaithful to a guy while he is serving his country and you owe it to him to wait till he gets home to give the relationship with him a chance. LOL! (GAWD....I've used that one 50 times.......!!!)

Arabess