should i consider her a friend

whenitsmyturn

whenitsmyturn

...so I have well Ithought I was her friend....I have been friends with her for nine years...but I always noticed that she would always snub me whenever someone else was in the picture. If it was just me and her it would be fine...she usually invites me to go to places with her, but when we gather with other people I don't exist any more, it hurts cause I really thought she was a friend, I had been there for her through her break-up baby daddy drama...and so on, but I never understood why she treated so indifferent when we are around other friends, my birthday just passed and she just wished me a happy birthday on fb which was fine, but the another person that just recently joined the circle of friends, was her bday like four days after mine and she claime how much she loves her and wishes their friendship will last a lifetime. I felt hurt cause after all I thought we were friends and she has never expressed herself like that towards me....well I have distance myself from her, but I am wondering am I reacting? should I just brush off her actions...or just plain not consider her my friend, there is more to tell, but it would be too long...well just wanted to vent, It has been bothering me for a while.

betterdeal

Maybe create a bit more space between the two of you, and get yourself some other interests and friends. That will make it easier for you to accept her as she is, and help you decide better how much you wish to be involved with her. Also, when you have your own things going on, you won't be available to go around to her place all the time, and that will restore some balance to your relationship.

• Author
whenitsmyturn
Maybe create a bit more space between the two of you, and get yourself some other interests and friends. That will make it easier for you to accept her as she is, and help you decide better how much you wish to be involved with her. Also, when you have your own things going on, you won't be available to go around to her place all the time, and that will restore some balance to your relationship.

thanks for the advice will do.