I am worried about my cousin

AmericanHoney

AmericanHoney

My cousin is dating this guy and needless to say she had sex with him too early and the condom broke and her dad had to take her to the clinic to get plan b. My friend's dad told her I do not want you seeing him anymore! She is an adult ( 18) but she lives under her dad's roof and what he says goes. She really loves this guy and wants to continue to see him but she's worried about him picking her up at home and her dad freaking out. I don't want her to sneak around but at the same time she does live under her dad's roof. I don't know what to tell her.....

Excalibur1814

Maybe, just maybe, you don't have to tell her anything. The chances are that she'll do whatever she likes in the end as two people in love, highly emotional situations do what they do without any recourse or thought (Not saying that they are doing so).

Be there for her, listen to her, comfort her. The head will say one thing while the heart another. Sure, her Father should respect the fact that she's 18 but she should respect that she's living in his home.

In all honesty, she should really sit down to chat to her Father: "I know that I live in your home and I respect that, but, I will continue to see (name) away from this home and will be very careful. I respect you as my Father, I respect the fact that I live in your home but please respect the fact that I have my own life and please remember what it was like to be my age".

It may or may not break any ground but it's civil, honest and may just make her father think; maybe.

P.s. Also tell her to MAKE sure that the boyfriend checks the condom after by filling it with tap water to check leaks. hardly romantic but better safe than sorry.