"Friend" blocked me on FB, and I've done nothing wrong?

So about a year ago, I met a girl on an advice forum such as this. She was in a bad way after a breakup and was one of the people I would use my breakup experience to help out. We started communicating more and I listened to her vent and tried to cheer her up over the next few months. The guy as a jerk, dumped her twice, meanest guy ever, etc. etc...but I'd listen and be there to talk to her.

A couple of months passed and I didn't hear from her. So I figure she's doing okay. I hear from her again (she friended me on FB), and she says she's moving to my city to go to school, so we exchange numbers and talk about hanging out. We're talking every day, texting (A LOT - 90% initiated by her), and every so often she has the hiccup in her healing, so I say something to make her laugh or you know, try to make her feel better.

A couple weeks ago, she texts me saying her ex texted her. Based on all I've heard in the last year about what a jerk he was to her, naturally, I tell her not to respond. She says she won't and she's got a new life she's going to begin in my city. Next day she says he texted again, but she won't respond. Later that night, she says she responded and she hopes I'm not mad. I tell her that what I feel about it isn't important and that it's her life and she knows the situation best, so she can make her own decisions and I wish her luck. The next day she texts me about how crappy work has been (a constant topic over the last month or so), and I texted back later that I was sorry to hear that and I hope her day goes better.

Two weeks go by and nothing at all from her. A few days ago I see on FB that she's friended her ex, which I admit disappointed me after all the time I've spent trying to console her (plus I admit, she's grown on me and I've come to think she was kinda cool). Then last night I go to post on her FB wall and it's blocked. I can't understand why she'd block me after all the times I've been there for her to talk to. I haven't insulted her or anything, I've been her sounding board and all this time she's been talking about wanting to go here and there and do this and that with me when she moves to my city, now I'm blocked. What do you think gives? My first reaction was that she's embarrassed and wants to block me out because deep down she feels like she knows giving her ex the time of day yet again is a mistake, but I don't know?

whichwayisup

You did nothing wrong here, she's just chosen to be back with her ex, added him on facebook and doesn't want you to see her wall. I think that's wrong and it's rude. Honestly, I would delete her off of your facebook! To have someone block you from seeing their wall, yet keep you as a friend is .. Stupid.

So about a year ago, I met a girl on an advice forum such as this. She was in a bad way after a breakup and was one of the people I would use my breakup experience to help out. We started communicating more and I listened to her vent and tried to cheer her up over the next few months. The guy as a jerk, dumped her twice, meanest guy ever, etc. etc...but I'd listen and be there to talk to her.

A couple of months passed and I didn't hear from her. So I figure she's doing okay. I hear from her again (she friended me on FB), and she says she's moving to my city to go to school, so we exchange numbers and talk about hanging out. We're talking every day, texting (A LOT - 90% initiated by her), and every so often she has the hiccup in her healing, so I say something to make her laugh or you know, try to make her feel better.

A couple weeks ago, she texts me saying her ex texted her. Based on all I've heard in the last year about what a jerk he was to her, naturally, I tell her not to respond. She says she won't and she's got a new life she's going to begin in my city. Next day she says he texted again, but she won't respond. Later that night, she says she responded and she hopes I'm not mad. I tell her that what I feel about it isn't important and that it's her life and she knows the situation best, so she can make her own decisions and I wish her luck. The next day she texts me about how crappy work has been (a constant topic over the last month or so), and I texted back later that I was sorry to hear that and I hope her day goes better.

Two weeks go by and nothing at all from her. A few days ago I see on FB that she's friended her ex, which I admit disappointed me after all the time I've spent trying to console her (plus I admit, she's grown on me and I've come to think she was kinda cool). Then last night I go to post on her FB wall and it's blocked. I can't understand why she'd block me after all the times I've been there for her to talk to. I haven't insulted her or anything, I've been her sounding board and all this time she's been talking about wanting to go here and there and do this and that with me when she moves to my city, now I'm blocked. What do you think gives? My first reaction was that she's embarrassed and wants to block me out because deep down she feels like she knows giving her ex the time of day yet again is a mistake, but I don't know?

This girl is a piece of garbage, okay? I'm giving the harsh reality because no one else will. She used you like a piece of tissue to wipe her tears and now that it's all dried up, she goes running back to this clown.

Been there, done that. I know exactly what you're going through. Rule # 1 is to never attempt to get involved with girls getting out of relationships, because they're not clear-headed and will use the nearest shoulder to cry on, usually another female. In this case it was you.

Rule 2 is that no matter how terrible and awful this girl tells you her ex is, the key thing he has over you is that he banged her! Therefore, he's in on her heart and emotions and can pretty much do whatever he wants with her from now on until the moon turns black.

You being nice, caring, empathetic, the whole nine means nothing to her, because you never "touched" her like that to become a mainstay. Please, let this be a lesson learned and don't ever do this again with a woman, or you will suffer many many more rejections until your time is up :cool:.

• Author

Thank you both. After my last post, I decided to text her asking if she blocked me, and she said she blocked everyone. I texted back, "How come?" and she never replied.

Regardless, I think it was a crappy move, and like one of you said - who friends people and then blocks them? I think that's just wrong, and I'm heavily considering just deleting her as a friend because all I obviously am now is a number on her friend count.

You did nothing wrong here, she's just chosen to be back with her ex, added him on facebook and doesn't want you to see her wall. I think that's wrong and it's rude. Honestly, I would delete her off of your facebook! To have someone block you from seeing their wall, yet keep you as a friend is .. Stupid.

So true, so true. I am going through the same thing right now with my immature ex husband. He NOW has a g/f since we have divorced and he won't respond to any of my texts. We have a 20 yr old son, that we both need to be on board with, but he has to act like a D/A and ignore me. I wish crazy crap like that wouldn't happen. Unfortunately it does. Not a lot of advise I can give. I wish I knew for myself. But you have no "real" connections with this girl. So, I would cut ties completely. If her and her ex/current b/f ever break-up again, I would say you would be the first person she would contact and more than likely the whole cycle would start over again. I call those people, "a hopeless case". They will have to figure it out on their own. I wouldn't be a part of it anymore. You've tried. So, take yourself out of the equation and find someone who is mature and can handle adult relationships.

Sorry for the rant, but I am going through the same thing. :mad:

I have SOO many friends with blocked walls it's not even funny. I think people need to chill!

She probably DID block everyone! I have one friend that keeps doing and undoing it! No big deal!

whichwayisup
Thank you both. After my last post, I decided to text her asking if she blocked me, and she said she blocked everyone. I texted back, "How come?" and she never replied.

Regardless, I think it was a crappy move, and like one of you said - who friends people and then blocks them? I think that's just wrong, and I'm heavily considering just deleting her as a friend because all I obviously am now is a number on her friend count.

That is such crap. Why would she block everybody from her wall? Or you do mean you can see on her wall and no one can write on it? Or are you totally blocked from seeing her wall?

Anyway, she's playing games and she's not worth the effort. She's made a decision and knows you don't agree with it and doesn't want to deal with things. Her loss!

I say, block HER from your wall and go from there. ;)

• Author
That is such crap. Why would she block everybody from her wall? Or you do mean you can see on her wall and no one can write on it? Or are you totally blocked from seeing her wall?

Anyway, she's playing games and she's not worth the effort. She's made a decision and knows you don't agree with it and doesn't want to deal with things. Her loss!

I say, block HER from your wall and go from there. ;)

I mean I could not see her wall at all. I talked to a female friend of mine last night and asked if she would ever do something like that and she said no and if she did it certainly wouldn't be to every single person on her friend list.

I didn't even bother blocking her from my wall because (at least to me) that would be playing games, which puts me on her level. So last night I just deleted her. I got home from a good time out last night and met a girl who is far more worthy of my attention, so when I got home, it was all the more clear that I don't need people like this one in my life. I've had more than enough drama with females in the last two weeks and I don't have time for this goofy fifth-grader stuff. Either be my friend or don't. Boom.

Thanks again, everyone, and to those going through the same thing, it helps to weigh the positives against the negatives. Does the person in question enhance your life in any way? In a year from now, can you see yourself saying "I miss X person?"

Think about these things and the answer should be clearer. If you have done all the right things and not getting the respect you deserve...well, only YOU know what to do.