I'm not sure anymore...

Hi all.

First off, I am new to the forums, so please excuse me for anything I do wrong :p.

Anyways...

I just got finished my freshman year in high-school, and I was talking to my dad one day coming back from my friends house and somehow the subject of friends came up. MY dad told me straight out that I didn't really have any real friends: nobody to hang with, no parties to go to on Weekends. I sorta just didn't care for what he said because sometimes he says things and doesn't mean them...but after thinking a while...he was right. I don't really have friends, and all my other real friends from my old school go to a different school. I had no problem at all in middle school making friends, but being a soccer star back then didn't mess that up too much. I had girlfriends and a lot of friends that were guys too. Then I broke my leg and I couldn't play soccer any more...any sport for that matter. Anyways, I could just walk in and I noticed that I was going to make a lot of friends, and I did. I was very social then like I am now, but now I just can seem to understand why I am having trouble now.

anyways, I was surfing on good old facebook earlier this evening and found pictures of my "friends" that I know at school at a party...and thats when my fathers words hit me like a brick. He was right. I don't have friends...maybe it's because I didn't play a sport this year, or something...but I don't know.

I tried being nice to everyone, very outgoing...not shy at all. I am not ugly, as a matter of fact I think I am sort've attractive....but that doesn't seem to be the problem. It's just I can't make friends and nobody seems to want to be a real friend...like someone you can just chill with. It's even worse with the girls! Guys that are half as good looking as me get chicks with no problem! I just cant seem to get any. I try being nice to people...FRIENDLY, but it just doesn't work. Nobody wants to talk to me really. Now, I have a LOT of real friends from my old school, but they all go to different schools now like I said before.

I guess the real problem for me is making NEW friends. A lot of people that go to my school now know each other from another school. I know ONE PERSON from my old school. One. I just can't seem to make new friends with the people that already know each other. I am a very outgoing dude, and I don't really find myself to be a nerd. I play sports, just not for high school due to my injury.

Another thing is that this guy in my school named Adam can just walk in the room and girls automatically just love him and want to talk to him. I'll admit, he is a little bit better looking than me, but looks really shouldn't matter with making friends, right?

Now I have in school friends, like the guy Adam...it's just I'm not really peoples "friends". I don't get invited to parties on weekends or invited to hang out...nothing.

I need help. How do you guys suggest I make new friends? I really want to just cry (and I'm a strong guy you could say...) and give up...but I'm not stopping. Please guys...help.

Do any of YOU have the same problem with "friends"?

man my advice to you is to talk to many friends do more with many colleagues and invite them to you or to go somewhere with a car ride or rides ... to talk with them more than anything football or basketball if not. .... you know its time to start and know better than to go through the clubs and everyone will think you're a nice guy and all will want to talk more with you.

• Author

Thanks man. It just sucks more too because I live nowhere near my in school friends! I mean I literally live like 45 minutes away from a friend.