More Facebook Drama

Hi!

There's this Guy at my uni that I've had a crush on for several years Now. And i have suspected him of feeling the same towards me.

I found him on fb Since We have the same friends. I saw that He added lots of people from uni He hardly talks to, so i decided to send him a friend request hoping it will help us both be less shy around each other next time we meet.

However He still hasn't accepted me despite being online two days in a row! I know this because every time He accepted a friend request it popped up in my feed which is weird Since He's not on my friend list. So I'm wondering why he won't add me? Why won't a man not add a uni acquaitance when is he has loads he never hangs out with?

I'm just really confused. Should I wait a while and then remove my request if He doesn't accept?

Really confused. I know it may sound silly. But I just need advice!

Thanks In advance.

Hi!

There's this Guy at my uni that I've had a crush on for several years Now. And i have suspected him of feeling the same towards me.

I found him on fb Since We have the same friends. I saw that He added lots of people from uni He hardly talks to, so i decided to send him a friend request hoping it will help us both be less shy around each other next time we meet.

However He still hasn't accepted me despite being online two days in a row! I know this because every time He accepted a friend request it popped up in my feed which is weird Since He's not on my friend list. So I'm wondering why he won't add me? Why won't a man not add a uni acquaitance when is he has loads he never hangs out with?

I'm just really confused. Should I wait a while and then remove my request if He doesn't accept?

Thanks In advance.

I wouldn't remove the request. I would just forget about it and see what happens. If it goes for weeks on end without confirmation, well, you know where you stand. Maybe he's just feeling things out?

• Author
I wouldn't remove the request. I would just forget about it and see what happens. If it goes for weeks on end without confirmation, well, you know where you stand. Maybe he's just feeling things out?

Thankyou so much for replying!

Yeah Hopefully He's just feelings things out! It will really suck If He doesn't add me but like you said maybe then I'll know where I stand.

Thanks again!

• Author

Ugh He just added a girl he met last night I know it cause it's all on my feed. I will definitely remove my request I don't want to ne reminded that He's adding everyone except me. I just don't understand why He would do this. I feel like I'm not worthy of being part of his life or something :(

Ugh He just added a girl he met last night I know it cause it's all on my feed. I will definitely remove my request I don't want to ne reminded that He's adding everyone except me. I just don't understand why He would do this. I feel like I'm not worthy of being part of his life or something :(

Yeah, if this is causing you emotional discomfort, then you're probably doing the right thing by deleting the request. Facebook around for most of my dating years, but I would imagine that watching a crush add people while ignoring me would be like being at a party and watching a crush get flirtatious with others while leaving me to sip on my beer. Wouldn't be cool, I reckon.

This actually just happened to me recently.. a childhood friend recently added Facebook and would not accept my friend request, despite accepting many other people's requests, including mutual friends of ours.. I was confused and later hurt, but I decided to just delete it and move on.... People can be weird when it comes to Facebook. You could drive yourself crazy trying to figure out the why's of it.. Just delete the request, and move on!

whichwayisup
Hi!

Thanks In advance.

Wait a week, if you see more friend acceptances in your newsfeed then remove the request.

Why don't you just approach him in a non-confrontational manner and ask him if he got your friend request? You make something so trivial become so complicated and drawn-out :rolleyes:.

• Author

Thanks all. I'll wait a little

Why don't you just approach him in a non-confrontational manner and ask him if he got your friend request? You make something so trivial become so complicated and drawn-out :rolleyes:.

The thing is since the semester is over there's little chance I'll run into him. I'm making it sound confrontational cause I just don't understand why he would add people He barely knows and won't add a girl He always tries to sit next to or make small talk to in class. I'm just really confused.

I just hope things won't be too awkward between us next time we meet.

It says when he adds friends in your feed but he's not on your friend's list? Very strange, never seen that before.

The fact he's adding other girls and not you means he has some kind of feeling about you. Good or bad I can't tell. At least you've been noticed. :)

Thanks all. I'll wait a little

The thing is since the semester is over there's little chance I'll run into him. I'm making it sound confrontational cause I just don't understand why he would add people He barely knows and won't add a girl He always tries to sit next to or make small talk to in class. I'm just really confused.

I just hope things won't be too awkward between us next time we meet.

You're never going to know the answer as to why he did this until you go and talk to him, either through email or face-to-face in a cool, collective manner, simply asking if he ever received your friend request. If you don't, you'll forever be in the dark about this issue.

The only time I've had info show up on feeds with no confirmed friendship has been where there is some sort of FB glitch. I would send a request, and start getting feed info before I saw that it was accepted. Once it was about 2 weeks later before the acceptance ever came through.

My advice would be to BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, and believe that you are desirable and just as good as anyone else. Re-send the invite, and just accept that there was some sort of FB glitch that didn't work - after all, it is just a computer program.

Then tell him in class that there must have been some sort of FB mess-up, and you re-sent the invite and you hope that it works right this time! Be confident and happy and KNOW that he wants to be your friend.

But second-guessing yourself and your worth and worrying about why he would neglect you in favor of someone else is just going to harm you in the end.

• 4 months later...
  • Author

I spoke to him lately and he said we should start hanging out more often.

Maybe it was just a fb bug. I've decided not to worry too much about it anymore as it's just fb.

This has happened to me before. It was with a guy I had met at a BBQ. I thought we could get to know each other better....it was clear we were both attracted to each other....but he never accepted my request. Like you I saw other friend requests he had accepted because they showed up on my feed. I waited maybe like a week and then removed my request.

Forever Learning
The only time I've had info show up on feeds with no confirmed friendship has been where there is some sort of FB glitch. I would send a request, and start getting feed info before I saw that it was accepted. Once it was about 2 weeks later before the acceptance ever came through.

My advice would be to BELIEVE IN YOURSELF, and believe that you are desirable and just as good as anyone else. Re-send the invite, and just accept that there was some sort of FB glitch that didn't work - after all, it is just a computer program.

Then tell him in class that there must have been some sort of FB mess-up, and you re-sent the invite and you hope that it works right this time! Be confident and happy and KNOW that he wants to be your friend.

But second-guessing yourself and your worth and worrying about why he would neglect you in favor of someone else is just going to harm you in the end.

Great advice! Facebook can make you crazy if you let it. I would resend the invite and see what happens. But most of all don't obsess over it, life is too short. And Facebook is too silly to get worked up about to any extent. Try to limit how much time you spend there, it seems to be addicting to some folks who end up spending too much time and investing too much emotion into it. It was probably a glitch that he didnt respond to your invite, is my guess.