In Love w/ Former Teacher!

Amazon22

Ok, this is going to be a long and complicated one, but please bear with me...

I've known this guy, Patrick, for approximately 9 years. He was a teacher at my high school, and a good family friend. He is 15 years my senior. During my junior and senior year in high school we would hang out together, go shopping, to the movies, out to dinner, etc. My parents knew and were fine with it. Of course rumors flew around the school and both him and I got teased constantly. Nothing sexual ever went on between us (although I wouldn't have minded if it did), it was strictly friends.

About 3 months into my freshman year at college I confronted him on my feelings for him. I asked him if he was interested in a potential relationship with me and he said that because he was recently my teacher and that there is an age difference that no, he was not interested, but that he always wanted to remain friends with me.

Here we are, 4 years after the most awkward moment in my life (as of yet), and my feelings for him are re-surfacing, but 10 times stronger. We hang out all of the time now, at least 3 or 4 times a week, we talk about sex, love, relationships with others...we can talk about anything to eachother. It's like the perfect relationship with a significant other, minus the sex. I know that sounds really odd and all, but I swear it's true. I love this man so much, and I know he knows.

Here's the kicker...if he made a move on me I wouldn't know what to do...I think I would freak, I wouldn't know which way was up. Unless of course I was drunk...and we have been drunk around eachother...and we vocally flirt, nothing physical though. I think it's becuase I have known this man for so long that it seems wrong...

I am so confused right now. I mean, I know that he has seen me in some sort of sexual light, unless a man and woman can have a conversation about oral sex and not get turned on in the least. I have slept at his house before...in his bed (not with him in it though). We have gone on trips together, etc...

My question is if anyone here has any advice for me, how to go about everything...should I pursue him, or just be his friend???? Has anyone had a similar experience?

HELP!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

• Author

Anyone? Anyone at all have anything to say about this? Any thoughts or opinion are welcome...PLEASE!

-haley

VASH THE STAMPEDE

My wife is ten years older than me,in my opinion it sounds like he might have grown affection for you.

I would definitely pursue.

Age doesn't matter.

It sounds perfect.

VASH THE STAMPEDE

LOL, you must have posted just seconds before I was loading.because I was looking at unread post and this was one of them. :laugh::laugh:

• Author

Whenever I flirt with him he just laughs it off...like I was just joking. I am sure he has affection for me, but I doubt he would act on it! How can I get him to act on it? Make sense????

GRRRRR! So frustrating!

-Haley

VASH THE STAMPEDE

maybe,don't flirt with him ,get serious and tell him your feelings.

I don't know, :confused: ,it worked for me. :p

I'm really not understanding what you posted last.....Are you telling me to make sense???

• Author

No Vash, you made sense...

It's just that I am pretty positive that he would never initiate anything, and if I did he would turn me down...98% sure. I guess it would be better left as friends...not to ruin anything. I don't know! I am so utterly confused!

-Haley :bunny:

Some people will disagree with me, but my opinion is that if you enjoy him that much but can't have a full relationship with him, stay the way you are. Why end a good enough thing when the option is nothing? This could yet turn into something. There may come a point, however, when you can no longer stand not knowing one way or the other. It is then that the stakes will get high enough that you will want to approach him. However, as long as it is not unbearable, enjoy his friendship as his friend.

• Author

....You are completely correct! You brought up a really good point that I really hadn't thought of! It's not unbearable yet, but it may or may not come to that. I like to rely on "If it's meant to be, then it will be".....

Thank you Moimeme!

-Haley