I hate when friends don't want to hang out anymore

I used to hang out with so many people a year ago and now it seems like they do not want to hang out anymore. I miss the old days when we laughed and hung out every weekend now I just sit at home watching TV or go out alone:o

DreamerGirl27
I used to hang out with so many people a year ago and now it seems like they do not want to hang out anymore. I miss the old days when we laughed and hung out every weekend now I just sit at home watching TV or go out alone:o

Thank God for being able to sit at home and watch TV and not have to get up, get dressed and go out of the house and be social.

This is why I'm a perfect candidate for marriage. I am such a home body.

Ross MwcFan

I love slobbing around too. Unfortunatley though most women don't like that in a man.

DreamerGirl27
I love slobbing around too. Unfortunatley though most women don't like that in a man.

The more he wants to slob around, the less of a chance he has of wanting to hang out with other girls. That's a big no no in my books.

If he wants to go out occasionally with me, that's fine. But I'd prefer to just sit at home and start a family and have no other friends interfere unless they are other couples.

Ross MwcFan
The more he wants to slob around, the less of a chance he has of wanting to hang out with other girls. That's a big no no in my books.

Why would it be a big no no?

DreamerGirl27

I believe I've posted now a million times that I don't think guys and girls can be friends. I want my life to be like my parents. They both live for each other. My mom doesn't have guy friends and my dad doesn't have girlfriends. When he gets home from his 60+ hour a week work week, he spends the rest of his time solely with my mom. This is what I want.

Ross MwcFan
Why wouldn't it be?

Who were you actually reffering to when you said 'he'?

DreamerGirl27
Who were you actually reffering to when you said 'he'?

Whoever I am in a relationship with. I'm not in one right now and probably never will be.

Ross MwcFan
Whoever I am in a relationship with. I'm not in one right now and probably never will be.

That's what I thought you ment.

It seemed like you were saying that him having less of a chance of hanging around with other girls is a big no no.

But I think I know what you ment now.

Ross MwcFan

As long as you don't limit yourself, you'll eventually get a relationshp.

The trouble is, is that you are, severly limting yourself. You need to stop dreaming about Hanson and thinking no other guys can compare, and you need to ditch the christian mentality of no sex before marriage.

Both things aren't healthy.

Nicole...can you not make new friends? get yourself out there and build up your social life slowly..there will always be people in the same boat as yourself, who want to make new friends.

Dreamer...you have a narrow minded view of life..."If he wants to go out occasionally with me, that's fine. But I'd prefer to just sit at home and start a family and have no other friends interfere unless they are other couples."

Why would friends be interfering?? Aren't friends supposed to enhance your life and make you feel good about life?? Why are they a threat to you and your potential beau if they're female or male??? This seems like a very insular viewpoint you have...so a couple should only have each other and not have friends???That is nuts...talk about social isolation...If you have no one but your partner, what then, if the relationship ends?? You have no one to support you, help you and listen to you and then you're completely on your own...it's so important to me to have friends, I just don't get your ethos!!!

Ross...Do you want to stop at home and slob around as you put it or live your life with someone and share life experiences with a partner or friends?

If you put"i love slobbing around" on a dating site advert you'd get zero replies!! Women want someone who has get up and go surely!

Did you notice you and Dreamer gave Nicole no advice or support??

Living in an insular idealistic world is fine if that's what you want, but then why be on this site???

Ross MwcFan
Nicole...can you not make new friends? get yourself out there and build up your social life slowly..there will always be people in the same boat as yourself, who want to make new friends.

Dreamer...you have a narrow minded view of life..."If he wants to go out occasionally with me, that's fine. But I'd prefer to just sit at home and start a family and have no other friends interfere unless they are other couples."

Why would friends be interfering?? Aren't friends supposed to enhance your life and make you feel good about life?? Why are they a threat to you and your potential beau if they're female or male??? This seems like a very insular viewpoint you have...so a couple should only have each other and not have friends???That is nuts...talk about social isolation...If you have no one but your partner, what then, if the relationship ends?? You have no one to support you, help you and listen to you and then you're completely on your own...it's so important to me to have friends, I just don't get your ethos!!!

Ross...Do you want to stop at home and slob around as you put it or live your life with someone and share life experiences with a partner or friends?

If you put"i love slobbing around" on a dating site advert you'd get zero replies!! Women want someone who has get up and go surely!

Living in an insular idealistic world is fine if that's what you want, but then why be on this site???

Well why not be on this site?

I enjoy slobbing around. Deal with it. It doesn't mean that I never want to go out, or have friends.

And as for me getting a partner, don't make me laugh. As if that would ever happen, even if I did spend living the kind of a 'life' you think I should lead.

As for me and Dreamer not giving Nicole support, what's that got to do with anything? Just because someone doesn't have any advice, doesn't mean they shouldn't post.

Edited by Ross MwcFan

"As if that would ever happen"....Ross, get off the negative attitude bus and get some positivity! There's a girl out there to suit you, I'm sure.

Lead your life whichever way you want to, I wasn't advising you or directing you, just stating facts.

Also, what's with the passive attitude with regards to this original post??? You will find that if you read a post and they're from a person who is hurt, upset at a loss about something, the empathic person would contribute support...unless they're not empathic and wrapped up in their own little world!!! Take the blinkers off and don't be so defensive!!!

DreamerGirl27

Because nobody past their teens keeps a boat load of friends. Friends come and go and you can tell who your true friends are and they are few and far between.

DreamerGirl27

and the problem with this is? You have to be happy with yourself. You can't rely on other people to make you happy.

cerridwen

Hi Nicole,

Understandable.

It's not uncommon to grow out of friends or even groups of friends.

People change or life circumstances shift (moves, school changes, marriages).

It's one of the crappier parts of life.

I hated losing friends.

What's driven you all apart? Would being more proactive (calling them, suggesting get togethers) help solve it? Or has there been a falling out?

I love slobbing around :).

In fairness to Ross, Mcnulty, if he wasn't interested in change, or didn't hold out a bit of hope, he WOULDN'T be on this site.

I sense your tough love and that you're offering it from a good place.

Just pointing out what I see between the lines and what's he's also said in some of his posts.

Best.

DreamerGirl27

Understandable.

It's not uncommon to grow out of friends or even groups of friends.

People change or life circumstances shift (moves, school changes, marriages).

It's one of the crappier parts of life.

I hated losing friends.

Cerridwen, this is the first mature thing I've heard YOU say. The only difference between me and everyone else on these boards, is that when I lose friends, I don't give a chiz.

I do however, give a chiz if I lose a boyfriend or a potential lover.

When you get married, it isn't "until one of us grows bored with the other one or isn't sexually satisfied" it's "till death do us part".

I'm aware the majority of the country doesn't end up living this way, but that's because the majority of the country thinks like you people on these boards who'd rather have their friends instead of their lovers.

• Author

I try and ask them to hang out but they only seem to want to hang out when it is a social gathering ex- Party,etc.

This post is straying so far off the subject now!

Nicole, is that not a start...going to gatherings with your pals, maybe then, you can make future plans with them. Give it a try. i know as we get older peoples lives seem to get busier, but friends are still there in times of need and we have to reach out to them sometimes, when we feel we're just bothering them.

I am not gonna rise to the christian/partner is everything machine...she is in a world of her own and does this on every post I've noticed.

Good advice cerridwen...like the pic,ha!

Ross, I'm sorry if I've offended, that wasn't my aim, was just a bit narked that there was no immediate advice offered to Nicole. You aint going to hell...as you say it doesn't exist...unless you're married...joke!!

Nicole, is that not a start...going to gatherings with your pals, maybe then, you can make future plans with them. Give it a try. i know as we get older peoples lives seem to get busier, but friends are still there in times of need and we have to reach out to them sometimes, when we feel we're just bothering them.

This!

Can you not throw a dinner party at your house, for instance? With my friends, sometimes we're just too busy to hang out, so every once in a while one of us decides to gather everyone.

People just get wrapped up in their own lives, so if you feel left out, you need to be proactive about it.

cerridwen

Nicole, I don't have much to add except it's as ASG said.

People get wrapped up in their own lives and relationships change.

Evolving friendships can still be JUST as rich and comforting but in a different way.

Reach out.

All friendships take work.

They're relationships after all. :)

@Mcnulty--thanks pal!

Cerridwen...are you male or female then??? I noted the pic is the gorgeous Salma Hayak...playing Frida I think!!??

Ross...I've just read a couple of your previous posts...you seem to be on a downer with yourself....what's your story? If not on here you can PM me.

Ross MwcFan
Cerridwen...are you male or female then??? I noted the pic is the gorgeous Salma Hayak...playing Frida I think!!??

Ross...I've just read a couple of your previous posts...you seem to be on a downer with yourself....what's your story? If not on here you can PM me.

I just feel down about never being sexually desirable to any women in the whole of my life.

I really want to stop being attracted to women, craving them, longing for them, you name it.