I Like my friend, but I feel depressed also

monkey00

My college friend 20, i'm 19

I recently just began to to know her better because we see each other twice a week in class and talk a lot. Just last week, i realized that i was developing feelings for her.

Since then i've hung out w/her friends and her at a pub, her friends are around 23-25 age group.

Since i began liking her ive been thinking about her a lot and havent had much sleep or appetite for food. I'm pretty sure she considers me just a friend so far. I'm not going to tell her anything about my feelings because I want to develop our bond and trust to become even closer.

The only time we talk on the phone is when we decide to hang out w/her friends at night, cuz she works or goes to school most of the day. Or if it's school related stuff. I never or rarely call her, even if i want to have a conversation w/her cause it might seem like i'm too clingy and she might suspect me having feelings.

She gets off work pretty late and I want to hang out, just the two of us outside of school.

But I don't think that can happen because she's pretty occupied w/work and class projects.

I compliment her a lot since i got to know her. and usually I let her do most of the talking because I want to know more about her and show her than i'm interested. I usuallly bring up something about me only if its related to what she was talking about. Many times I've been there for help when she needed help for school. I don't bug her at all or ask anything of her because i like to be a nice person. We have lots of things in common and man opposites in common.

Just finally today, i realized that I didn't think about her a lot like normal. But I think I have this gut feeling of depression, I'm pretty certain it is.

In this situation, i'm not asking anything from her or demanding much from a friend. Just now from this depression i feel like i'm on the giving end but not receiving, there hasn't been much times where she showed an interest in me.

Do you think I feel this type of depression because I have feelings for her?? If she was a friend in which I did not have feelings for, do you think I'd still feel like this?

Any advice to give a depressed guy as well has any way to butter up our friend relationship??

VASH THE STAMPEDE

I been trough that before ,it is your emotional attachment to her that makes you feel queasy.

You have developed a crush, you near the beginning of you stage.

If you don't control it you'll start developing a slight hate to hide your true feelings.

Also; Its hard to tell because I did not personally know the girl until I started talking to her.I saw her ,develop a crush ,then started being her friend.In the end I didn't really express my feelings and started disliking her and we were no longer friends.

• Author

ok thanks for the heads up Vash I really appreciate it. I'm going to do something about this so I won't end up hating her and cure my depression.