Is it worth it to keep him as a friend anymore?

hoopsy32

A guy that I have grown up with is pushing me to tell him to get the hell out of my life and leave me alone forever. He used to be one of the guys that I could confide in with everything, but ever since I got back from training last year, he has become a total pervert and can't keep the things I tell him to himself (or uses them against me later on).

The reason he has become this way (after being a quiet, sort of shy guy) is mostly because of my mother and her best friend. My mom is his boss, and she has shoved him into doing what most of us would have done in high school i.e. flirting with girls, talking pervertedly, etc. The sad thing is that he is 20 now and his mommy still bosses him around... he's in college and lives in the dorm for freakin sake! He needs to get a girlfriend and get laid.

Anyway... as I was saying, he flirts and stuff, but he takes it too far and its annoying. I've known for about 5 months that he wants to (putting this bluntly) bone me. Well at first I was a little shocked, he was a very close friend of mine and I never knew before that he felt that way because he always said he'd never go out with one of his female friends because he saw them as more of a sister.

Something else that really ticks me off about him... I think he says **** about my boyfriend because of jealousy and since I tell him things that happen during a fight or something that my boyfriend made me mad about, he says that stuff that I told him and asked him NOT TO TELL infront of other people to make my boyfriend look really bad. That pisses me off so bad and makes me want to punch him. Yeah my boyfriend does do some things that are annoying and make me mad, but so do my parents... AND I STILL LOVE THEM. You have to work things out and venting about it to your friends helps, until they open their big mouths when you wish they wouldn't!

I've told him that the way he has become bothers me A LOT, but it doesn't seem to change things. So I've gotten to the point of wanting to move away so I don't have to see him as often as I do, which is a couple times a week at most. I've told others and I think I've said it to him too, I just miss how he used to be and I wish my mom would never have hired him. I lost a great friend over a year ago, and a guy that I can't stand any more has replaced him...

Do I give him anymore chances, or is it worth it? I really miss the friendship we had.

The friendship you once had will probably not return...for a very long time if ever. It's not likely he will return to being the same kind of friend he was before as long as he's not seeing anybody...and if and when he finds someone else to turn his attention towards, he'll not likely give you much of the time of day. Unfortunately, this friendship has been deboned. If he were a bit more mature, he could probably straighten things out but he doesn't sound like he's got all of his marbles together in one pile. Treasure the memories and move on.

• Author

And see thats a WHOLE nother story... his parents got divorced, his dad is a dick... so on and so forth. So I know he's had bad things in his life and so on, he's been on medicine for depression, and such...

CaterpillarGirl

NO excuse for his treating YOU so shoddily (unless you abused him)!

I'd say this is one friendship that can't be reclaimed. Stop confiding in him and find a gf to dish with. Boy-girl friendships are very tricky.

• Author
Originally posted by CaterpillarGirl

NO excuse for his treating YOU so shoddily (unless you abused him)!

NEVER

Originally posted by CaterpillarGirl

I'd say this is one friendship that can't be reclaimed. Stop confiding in him and find a gf to dish with. Boy-girl friendships are very tricky.

Yes and no... I get along WAY better with guys because I was a tom-boy. The only person I really can confide in is my boyfriend, and it makes it hard when I need to vent about him...

CaterpillarGirl

Well, you can confide in us! ;)

I think a friend you can't trust is not really a friend at all. You really would be better off without him. I'm sure there are other girls/boys you can find to talk to. Rec classes, clubs, etc. are great places to meet other tomboys!

• Author

Yeah, I also wish I could get a freakin job... then I'd have more people to get to know and possibly build friendships with. Which is another problem in itself... nobody will hire me because they think I'll get deployed. And why hire someone that could be gone in a week and when I get back they have to let me have my position back because its against the law not to... so you see my dilemma?