Is this friendship worth saving ?

happypeacelove

happypeacelove

I had a fall out with someone I haven't know Very long, but over the period of time we became close. I told a huge lie that has basically ended the friendship. I apologized to the person but last time I talked to her she still seemed somewhat upset about it. Some ppl said they doubt she'll ever talk to me again. What bothers me is that she's told ppl all about the situation, some ppl who are just associates and not her friends. Also I know for a fact that she's said some kind of rude/mean things about me, even online because I read some of it. Before I found out some of the things she's said I told her I would talk to her again awhile back. I haven't because I was shocked and hurt by what she said. I'm torn here. A part of me wants to try to be friends and forgive her because maybe she said mean things because she was upset. Another part of me is sad/mad about what she said, and I wonder if I should contact her again. Then again I said I would and since I lied before I want to keep my word. Also if we do try to make up I don't think I can unless I confront her about things she's said. I would like advice and opinions please, this has really been on my heart

55 views and no responses? Ok, I'll bite.

You lied to her, and yet you are the one that's shocked and hurt because she said mean things? Did you think there would be no consequences for your actions, and a "sorry" was sufficient?

Obviously, it wasn't.

Leave her alone is my vote.

Well you definitely screwed up, but apologizing is certainly a good start. Problem is it doesn't seem like she wants to accept it and is furthering the drama by telling everyone she knows about it.

I am no fan of drama. If it were me I wouldn't bother with this person. You tried to make amends and apparently she prefers to drag it all out. Not someone I'd want to hang with.

• 2 weeks later...

tragic, she is not the sort where you can easily fix the problem. I would recommend sending her a handwritten letter apologizing (in a non-needy way) but don't expect a response. handwritten letters have his magic effect on some people (http://www.helium.com/items/1410239-handwritten-letters). Hell, i still save the handwritten letters i got from a penpal ages a go.